IGNORED

contemporary classical fans

Guest jim

it's a first draft of course and the ending is cut short but i think it has potential

perhaps technically ekt material? i dunno

ouch!

never mind, you don't like it, i can take it.

it's a synthesis of styles, unsuk chin and pascal dusapin and to a smaller degree messiaen influenced

Guest gazz

Seriously, I liked some bits, but as with eugene I didn't really 'get' it. It's a spidery nice though.

Definite potential. I liked the dissonance particularly.

However, there is a whole forum for this kind of topic, and I'm going to move it there.

thanks

yeah i was gonna post it here but there was no knob twiddling involved so i thought i'd chance general banter

Guest tht! tne

not mastered loud enough unless you meant it that way?

did you play this live or is it all programmed. interesting.

nah it was just a live recording, it'll be mastered in the rcm studios when i've finished it but we're marked on our scores not the actual audio

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

it has some really nice bits!

WD!

it doesn't really need mastering, it has lots of dynamic range, which is the nature of the piano-forte!

beautifully recorded too - it reminded me of olivier messian

Guest yan_g

too theatrical (does that word exist?) for my taste. sounds like too much controlled. maybe that's part of the piano thing tho. that said i know nothing about contemporary classical, i just love roland dyens, which i believe to be a contemporary composer (have you heard libra sonatine? my favourite interpretation on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ybvJU-WC3aI - a true wonder)

Archived