IGNORED

NOOB

Guest DNBJerk is for real life

Guest DNBJerk(s)

Kay, so a friend is giving me her laptop, and I am gladly accepting.

It's a Dell Inspiron 8200.

(2.0GHz-M Intel Pentium 4, how's that, any good?)

I recently bought a M-Audio keyboard. It's the O2.

if_o2_xl.jpg

Basically, my plans for the computer is a 2GB RAM upgrade. Also, looking for a good firewire sound card, need some suggestions.

Guest DNBJerk(s)
yea thats a decent laptop, but your 2 gig plan wont work, it'll only support up to a gig of memory. 2 memory slots, each slot only being able to hold up to a 512mb stick

heres the specs

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...sm_en/specs.htm

I noticed that, but I stumbled upon this:

http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/inspiron_8200...cfm?wpid=248470

Guest Promo

I use a Behringer FCA202. It's the cheapest external firewire card out there but you can only use jacks with it. Essentially it allows me to play notes in without any delay if I want to make music on my laptop but for playing Live its not that great as the output keeps er cutting out. Other people haven't had a problem with this soundcard but for some reason in a live situation it refuses to behave. Whether that's down to the quality of my cables or something else I don't know.

Actually I'm curious if anyone else has this Sound card and if they've had any problems with it in a live scenario.

BEHR-FCA202_L.jpg

BEHR-FCA202_B.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest DNBJerk(s)

So I got that laptop. Turns out it was a It's a Dell Inspiron 2200. It's not that great. I'll probably sell it. No firewire port.

Archived