IGNORED

Korg Kaoss pad 3

Does anyone here have one ? I just got one and fucked about w/ it last night inputing my Roland sh 32 into it. Anyone else use a Kaoss pad and in what regard? I'm hoping to use it along with software and was wondering if any of you EKT-ers had any tips and or tricks.

i have a KP1 and a KP2 and more than likely will 'get' a KP3

i rate the kaoss pads - mega manipulation fun time to be had.

tips or tricks - stay away from the filters, they're not that great.

Guest Fat Roland

I still get nostalgic when I whip my Kaoss 1 out, but bloody hell it's noisy. Fun though.

Guest skytree

Damn, this has nearly everything that the KP2 was lacking.

My two favorite bits:

Better sampling/resampling ability.

USB for computer connectivity = custom settings + audio swapping.

Wish there were more input channels, though.

do you use it as a controller ? can I use it to trigger audio from Live into the kp3 and audio out back to live ?

You can use it as a controller, yeah, but I'm not sure it can do what you're thinking of.

But, you could probably sample outputted audio from Live, and then reinsert it back into the mix, and record the result back into Live fairly easily. Just not sure about triggering the whole thing from the KP3...you'd have to switch between control surfaces.

Guest burnibus

KP3 is great, i use it mainly as a live tool for sampling and mashing my voice up and resampling and more mashing and chopping and resample etc..... i think thats where it comes into its own cos its midi syncable so your loops just slot intime.

You could play stuff from live whilst adding FX and sampling it onto an SD card via the KP3. then i think you can just load these samples into live via the browser.

bottom line its well worth the money, but the FX aren't that subtle or classy, great for live work but i wouldnt say so for production.

Yeah this things is a blast, it's gonna be distracting me from my painting quite a bit unless I show some discipline. Just having fun, making some bass lines in Reaktor and feeding it The Kp3 and then into Live. There is a vid on youtube about using the kp3 as a controller with live but it wasn't very informative

I love my Kaoss Pad 3 even though I don't use it as much as I should, but can anyone tell me why sometimes there's delay on every single effect? It annoys the living crap out of me

Archived