IGNORED

How the hell did I end up here?

Guest jar

As I was lying on my bed last night listening to Shin Triad and Tesko by Pusher a sudden wave of “how the hell did I end up listening to this nonsense” came over me.

Answers on a postcard please.

As I was lying on my bed last night listening to Shin Triad and Tesko by Pusher a sudden wave of “how the hell did I end up listening to this nonsense” came over me.

Nonsense?

Is this supposed to be a flamebait?

the cause is Sex, and it´s your parent´s fault.

- freud

i haven't listened to squarepusher for 6 years (i listen to him occasionally but not all the time like i did when i was 16)

i haven't listened to squarepusher for 6 years (i listen to him occasionally but not all the time like i did when i was 16)

same here. well, 4-5 years.

Pusher was my intro into the whole 'scene.'

Those 2 tracks (Tesko, Shin Triad) just made me realise how 'diverse' my tastes have become since first hearing them. I used to think they sounded nuts. Now they just seem 'normal.'

I don't even know what nuts/normal is anymore. That's what I was laughing about.

For me (and this may sound really ridiculous to a lot of you), I started listening to electronic music cos it sounded so fucked up when I was stoned. I just thought it was funny - didnt take it serious...

But then I started listening to it when I wasnt smoking and i got hooked.

And now I'm making no sense. Oh well.

[cough: change subject!]

I used to think they sounded nuts. Now they just seem 'normal.'

I don't even know what nuts/normal is anymore. That's what I was laughing about.

I can relate to that. To me, drill isn't a shock at all. But the first time I heard it, I thought it was crazy. You do become numb to the harshness of it. That's why when you play a full-on electronic music track to a n00b they often just don't get it. They don't get the progression that you get naturally as you explore music. I went from hardcore and drum n bass to old skool to 'chillout' to beats to Warp to non-Warp electronic music to post-rock to shoegaze. Not sure where I'll end up next.

peoples music tastes are getting so diverese now i think its strange if you havent heard of this stuff at least tbh

what planet do you live on?

is that suppose to be afx and pusher's hair? lol.

peoples music tastes are getting so diverese now i think its strange if you havent heard of this stuff at least tbh

what planet do you live on?

trust me when some person gets a 40gig ipod they will try and fill it up when they realise they only have 2gig of music.

Guest umop_apisdn

i only really listened to squarepusher when i first started breaking into different electronic music stuff. started with aphex, came across squarepusher, boards of canada, chris clark, and it flourished from there.

but i have to say, i probably listened to squarepusher for the shortest amount of time.

Archived