IGNORED

right, sorry

pcock

i am aware that my threads in here probably always resemble a 101 troubleshooting guide for retard koalas, but

i have just met some mad hippy producer in a recording studio like 4 minutes from my house that i never new existed, and

i got talking to the guy, i explained my 101 troubles with syncing, an he said, ah just have this thing mate youl be laughin.

hes given me a 'Novation BassStation Rack Analogue Synthesiser Module' , but with no cables.

i would cream all over your pets if someone could tell me, ive got CV gate out and in on my 101 as a small, earphone sized jack, and ive got the same sockets on this bassstation except as full 7 mm jacks.

is it just guitar leads and a 7 to 3.5 adaptor i need to go between these CV/gate leads, and will this synthezizer module then work as a CV midi adaptor unit you guys told me about when i first wanted to sync it?

im just off to chester and would like to buy the right thing.

i am aware that my threads in here probably always resemble a 101 troubleshooting guide for retard koalas, but

i have just met some mad hippy producer in a recording studio like 4 minutes from my house that i never new existed, and

i got talking to the guy, i explained my 101 troubles with syncing, an he said, ah just have this thing mate youl be laughin.

hes given me a 'Novation BassStation Rack Analogue Synthesiser Module' , but with no cables.

i would cream all over your pets if someone could tell me, ive got CV gate out and in on my 101 as a small, earphone sized jack, and ive got the same sockets on this bassstation except as full 7 mm jacks.

is it just guitar leads and a 7 to 3.5 adaptor i need to go between these CV/gate leads, and will this synthezizer module then work as a CV midi adaptor unit you guys told me about when i first wanted to sync it?

im just off to chester and would like to buy the right thing.

Do you want it to Sync so that the internal sequencer is sync'd to a midi tempo? If so then no, you just need a DIN Sync to Midi converter. If you just want to use whatever sequencer on your computer or somesuch to generate notes that the 101 listens to, then perhaps, although I don't know much about the CV outs on the Novation.

DIN Sync: Tempo sync

CV In: Not PITCH input

Gate In: Length of time to hold open the Envelope in.

right so i need a DIN sync to MIDI. cheers.

im trying to get my dsc tune out there, so what im doing is trying to sync up the sequencer/arpeggiator on the 101 to my 8 track multirecorder. hopefully dinsync midi isnt too obscure to buy in radioshack or something.

right so i need a DIN sync to MIDI. cheers.

im trying to get my dsc tune out there, so what im doing is trying to sync up the sequencer/arpeggiator on the 101 to my 8 track multirecorder. hopefully dinsync midi isnt too obscure to buy in radioshack or something.

It is far too obscure, but also, does your 8-track put out MIDI clock? Typically the only things that do are sequencers.

Do a search for "DIN Sync to MIDI" and you'll come up with the available options for this.

yeah it puts out a midi tempo, ive been using it to align the beats of the electribe.

its a shame that i cant grab one of these din sync things in chester, worth a try though, theres a fair few electrics shops. maplins is a possibilty.

i really dont think making dance music is for stupid people.

i go to the kenton site, and they have 5 pin DIN sync to DIN cables, but then how the fuck do you get from DIN to 101? completely baffled. il see if this madd'ed in his studio can box it.

101 should have din

not it shouldnt, it would be pointless.

you can control the lfo/arp rate via "ext clk in" plus it has cv + gate if you dont iterrigate midi into your set up it's fine.

it would be easier to get a cheap 606 off ebay and midi mod that so you can sync up midi drum machines and use the trigs from the 101 for the 101.

im sure there is a mod from kenton so you can turn the syncing capabilities on the 606 into something like the 707/909. midi out and din out (though the 606 has din - out/in)

plus sequencing on the 101 is a laugh, its really easy and really nice as well..

felch i would give you an awnser but im not making a great deal of sence out of whats your problem.

what do you want to sync with the 101?

cant you midi up the basstation and then cv gate out into the 101?

if you put the 3.5mm lead with a 1/4 adapter into the ext clk in from the bass stations gate out you'll have the lfo clock rate and arpeggio synced up with the bmp your sending from your 8 track to the bass station

btw anychance is your 8 track a boss br-8?

heres the deal as it stands at the moment.

i have a 101, happily making noise on it, ive just acquired the bassstation along with the rambling assurance of some hippy that i can sync my 101 through it.

what i would like to do, is to be able to sync the 101's sequencer with the output tempo on either the 8 track, or the bassstation.

ive run into one more setback which is that ive got the wrong power lead for the bassstation so i havent even turned it on yet.

if as you say, i can just put guitar jacks from cv gate to the correspending sockets on the bassstation then its all gravy, im sorted as soon as ive got the power cable.

but then theres all this DIN sync midi conversion business goin on, and kokoon said further up the page i wont be able to sync midi tempos through the bassstation, only use the sound the 101 is playing on a midi sequencer.

i dont know really, all i know is, once ive got this one integral music making problem solved, i am on my way.

btw the 8 track is a fostex model. 300 quid odd.

heres the deal as it stands at the moment.

i have a 101, happily making noise on it, ive just acquired the bassstation along with the rambling assurance of some hippy that i can sync my 101 through it.

what i would like to do, is to be able to sync the 101's sequencer with the output tempo on either the 8 track, or the bassstation.

ive run into one more setback which is that ive got the wrong power lead for the bassstation so i havent even turned it on yet.

if as you say, i can just put guitar jacks from cv gate to the correspending sockets on the bassstation then its all gravy, im sorted as soon as ive got the power cable.

but then theres all this DIN sync midi conversion business goin on, and kokoon said further up the page i wont be able to sync midi tempos through the bassstation, only use the sound the 101 is playing on a midi sequencer.

i dont know really, all i know is, once ive got this one integral music making problem solved, i am on my way.

btw the 8 track is a fostex model. 300 quid odd.

well c/v gate out puts are designed to be plugged into cv gate inputs. so it will/should work.

you dont really need a midi/cv kit if you just want to sync up the 101 with a pieceof gear that has midi AND C/v.GATE. though if your using primarily midi then it might be a good idea to get the kenton c/v midi kit, Even though the bassstation has a mid/cv converter anyways. you may one day want to use somthing to sync it all together.

here is the way to sync the 101 to the drumachine/midi sync via the bassstation.

midi sync the bassstation to the drums/midi sync.. then gate out (note timings) of the basstation into gate in on the 101.

so basically your setting the step times on the bassstation

then programe in the notes on the 101 press play on the 101 sequencer then play on the drumachine/midi sequencer and it'll all go off..with the note vaules set on the bassstation and notes from the 101.... if you want to play whats on the bassstation then just add the cv

Archived