IGNORED

Aphex Sandpaper DJ Set

Guest Kenneth172

thank you ludd for injecting some sanity into this bollocks fucking thread

Obviously you don't understand art and aren't a true AFX fan. You'll never understand.

oh jesus lolling christ

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Caustic

Tell me Sneaksta.

Did you actually have the set,or the lame Carl von Wolfenstein (whatever) version?

Tell me Sneaksta.

Did you actually have the set,or the lame Carl von Wolfenstein (whatever) version?

oh i had the carl von whatever version. i dont THINK any other version exists...

Guest Caustic
Tell me Sneaksta.

oh i had the carl von whatever version. i dont THINK any other version exists...

For shitting cunt fuck sake.

AFX subforum loses again.

Don't even bother looking for the Carl Von version. It's shite.

Well somebody else must have them.

I want them damnit.

Alex?

u want the kpta tracks? :omg: haven't u them yet?

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=20791

4th track on this samples it

i've read it from the link from boomkat :

"An odd one this, in which Swedish sound artist Carl Michael von Hausswolff discovers new ways of sampling. I'm not entirely sure what this all means, the four pieces on the disc are, typically for Raster-Noton, very minimal - the first piece sounds like an oscillating electrical hum, the second is a Noto-lite slice of rhythmic noise, the third is a glitchy humming piece which sounds rather like a Radioactivity tester and a broken television making love. The fourth piece is most interesting, the sample source apparently coming from Richard D James' seminal London gig in 1994 where he played with sandpaper instead of records; called "DJ Set" you can hear the sandpaper in the distance but overlaid is a giant expanse of reverb, making it sound rather like you're trapped in an aircraft hangar. I'm not quite sure what to make of all this, the packaging is gorgeous, the idea sounds interesting but I'm left a little dry by the sounds themselves. Vaguely intriguing and hard to fathom."

i think it's the same track...

Tell me Sneaksta.

yes. one of the ONLY RDJ related things ive EVER deleted. I cant imagine any other version would be any better.

Guest Caustic
Tell me Sneaksta.

yes. one of the ONLY RDJ related things ive EVER deleted. I cant imagine any other version would be any better.

You sure that was the set,though? I mean it didn't even sound like sandpaper.

It sounded like someone hitting the floor inside a huge hall for 12 minutes.

Guest AOOproductions

(Buzz---- bzzzzzz---- food blender---- noise AFX in the backround slightly laughing at everyone on this thread). There happy?

post-3805-1185849350_thumb.jpg

Tell me Sneaksta.

You sure that was the set,though? I mean it didn't even sound like sandpaper.

It sounded like someone hitting the floor inside a huge hall for 12 minutes.

well, i personally dont know what sandpaper sounds like when spun on a record player so i can only assume he ran it thru some mad reverbage or something... i dunno, either way it sounds like ass so i dont care. fuck that carl von whatziz for charging for that magnus opus of fecal matter. fuck 'em.

the set almost definitely exists, the proof would naturally lay in the fact that carl-whatshisname was able to use sound derived from a recording for his project. it may have leaked, but since most electronic music-ers arent in to the industrial scene, it has probably been deleted whenever it may have leaked. does it really matter? probably not, from what i understand the performance was a bit of a spectacle. i'd like to have a copy, but i have a feeling i'd prefer to have the ATP sets.

the set almost definitely exists, the proof would naturally lay in the fact that carl-whatshisname was able to use sound derived from a recording for his project. it may have leaked, but since most electronic music-ers arent in to the industrial scene, it has probably been deleted whenever it may have leaked. does it really matter? probably not, from what i understand the performance was a bit of a spectacle. i'd like to have a copy, but i have a feeling i'd prefer to have the ATP sets.

yeah, good point, unless Carl Von whatever was taking the piss... who knows... at any rate, it's more a novelty than anything else. A VISUAL one at that. Any audio of the set couldn't possibly do it justice///

Now we should be looking for a vid... Yeah, as if THAT exists...

Guest Kenneth172

Having now listened to Carl van whotsisface, I think it's up there with the best of the rest of them.. Cunt, Phlaps, Phlid.... Not sure about the mad reverberage though?

Having now listened to Carl van whotsisface, I think it's up there with the best of the rest of them.. Cunt, Phlaps, Phlid.... Not sure about the mad reverberage though?

you're joking right?

No, it's as good as listening to Ventolin on max volume on headphones.... Shit.

Well i'm suprised you didn't get all huffed up and say OWNED like you do every other post...

I remember ages ago there was some guy who claimed he got hit in the head by the food mixer...and still had it! Had Richard autograph it, even.

there is an interview with RDJ, where he mentions hitting someone with a food mixer during that set (the set was performed with a food mixer and sandpaper on vinyl decks). RDJ mentioned he was afraid of a lawsuit, but the guy came up to him and asked him to sign it. you're probably getting confused by this rex.

Guest Kenneth172

Well i'm suprised you didn't get all huffed up and say OWNED like you do every other post...

Prick.

Prick.

*Apex Grin*

Archived