IGNORED

Ae live @ Dour 2007

Guest Goum Le Chat

Guest Goum Le Chat
Merci, putain de fromage moisi de baguette!

Thanks.

And thanks to deud who put it online on a french forum.

Guest earlgrey

I'm DLing this now ... is the set any different to the other two 2007 live sets that have been floating around? Damn I want to hear some new material!

Guest Goum Le Chat
I'm DLing this now ... is the set any different to the other two 2007 live sets that have been floating around? Damn I want to hear some new material!

While dl, I was asking myself the same question. Answer is : yes. Not all changed, but some things, like the begining and the end.

It's time for a new set. I'm gettin tired of this one, even if he's very good.

thanks, but I am SO fucking sick of this set now. At this point it's impossible to sell me on this with the one or two extra layers of bobo ass atmospherics they've added to it since 2005 and say, "dude it's so much more improved this time around." It's wank and regurgiative, esp. since it's coming from 2 dudes who predicate their output on being fresh, interesting, and challenging (to both themselves and to us as listeners). Sorry, but the transitions here are almost exactly the same to this day. Over 2 years later and practically at any given moment I can still tell what's going to happen next. The way I see it, every day that goes by with them playing this same set, it's another day away from the studio where they could be working on new shit.

argh.

Guest sqruwezey
thanks, but I am SO fucking sick of this set now. At this point it's impossible to sell me on this with the one or two extra layers of bobo ass atmospherics they've added to it since 2005 and say, "dude it's so much more improved this time around." It's wank and regurgiative, esp. since it's coming from 2 dudes who predicate their output on being fresh, interesting, and challenging (to both themselves and to us as listeners). Sorry, but the transitions here are almost exactly the same to this day. Over 2 years later and practically at any given moment I can still tell what's going to happen next. The way I see it, every day that goes by with them playing this same set, it's another day away from the studio where they could be working on new shit.

argh.

They just want the money too hard. They cant just live from selling records like aphex.

And techno is meant to be repetition , autechre take that to extreme levels by playing the same set two years with same sounds but slightly different everytime

Yea, I mean a new album has to be out soon though (soon meaning 2007) First of all, they have been slowly polishing this live set for over two years now and it rocks. So I am guessing at least a few songs will turn up on an album. Hopefully. Plus, didnt someone say that they announced at a gig that a new album would be out during the fall sometime?

yeah, that was mentioned in relation to the Holland gig a few months back. Before the show, the same people who said they were going to play all new songs at said gig also said something about a new album coming out in the fall. The new songs never happened, so...

Guest sqruwezey
Yea, I mean a new album has to be out soon though (soon meaning 2007) First of all, they have been slowly polishing this live set for over two years now and it rocks. So I am guessing at least a few songs will turn up on an album. Hopefully. Plus, didnt someone say that they announced at a gig that a new album would be out during the fall sometime?

their aint any songs in this set it is a LIVE set a soundwork of 90minutes most of the time

did you hear any tracks in the confield live sets i dont think so

its just an untilted sounding live set

so their new lp is not going to sound like the liveset i think

I agree that practically nothing in this set will likely appear in a new album, with *maybe* the exception of the melody that comes in after 21:00min. Somehow that could be turned into a new track and it would be awesome. I see what you are saying, however I'm not trying to be argumentive by saying there clearly are moments in this set that are lifted directly from LCC, Pro Radii, etc.

It's not like this is an hour of all new wank. It's a hodgepodge of many of the elements off of Untilted. On the otherhand, maybe Untilted is off of this?!? I dunno, regardless it clearly illustrates the performative process in setting these moments into "tracks." Unfortunately, I think they would have been better off doing a 60-70min studio album that was all one track and more like this set rather than the dick diarrhea fest that was Untilteduh.

I think it will. The confield era live sets were more of just three separate long jams. Where as these sets have recognizable songs. I bet we see some studio versions of the songs at 17:00 (Hemby times) and at 37:00. Possibly some others, who knows. But those two are too good not to release. At they definitely have mixed up LCC and Pro Radii in there, so those are two songs that are in there. I would actually really like it if they would clean up and release the newer version of LCC which is awesome. But I doubt they would do that. And they played ISS SA, Pen expers, and Tangle ILL live all before they were released. So I wouldnt be surprised to see a few parts of this live set on the next album.

rather than the dick diarrhea fest that was Untilteduh.

I am offended by this post.

rather than the dick diarrhea fest that was Untilteduh.

I am offended by this post.

Haha, dude you have dick diarrhea? You know there are cures for that right?

PS - Surely, the next album > Untilteduh live set > Untileduh album version. I'm not so convinced why it would be a good idea to pull elements out of this set since so many elements are already part of the previous record.

untilted was indeed not worth my time.

autechre was a bit more interesting when they de/re-constructed known forms of music as opposed to themselves, imh©o

the c stands for correct, btw.

I've actually found that there is a huge disconnect between live and recorded material with Ae..

Very rarely will you hear album tracks live and the other way around too.

In that sense, it's always nice to see them live because you know you're going to be hit with some fresh shit.

bobo ass atmospherics

this just in from WARP records website:

the new album from Autechre is entitled "bobo ass atmospherics". it will be released this fall.

the album will consist of the Untilted live set, remastered in surround sound, and released only on hd-dvd format.

following the release, Autechre will be announcing a 2 year world tour, in which they will be playing the Untilted live set.

Archived