IGNORED

Happy Amen Strings and Whatnot

Guest cuubjan

Hello, I'm fairly new, so I might as well post something of mine. Its not very old, but not recent either. Tell me what you think.

listening to rainy alleyway, id say get rid of the quatization on the drums and try doing it by hand, i always feel that way in this type of music though.

rolling down a hill is almost a zelda melody, not a fan of any of the instruments/patches you used though

edit: somehow i was listening to your myspace profile instead of the track you posted

Guest tht! tne

what is that effect you're using for the main melody?

the distortion on the drums might be a bit heavy.

i like the rest with the amen and so on.

excellent track.

excellent track.

I really was just messing around with a filter and a delay at one point and I did question that distortion, but in the end left it alone, but thanks though.

And thanks for that tip beneboi. at the time of the track I didn't have any sort of control surface to work off of, but i just recently got a keyboard and now im working on finding some pads to use too.

excellent track.

I really was just messing around with a filter and a delay at one point and I did question that distortion, but in the end left it alone, but thanks though.

And thanks for that tip beneboi. at the time of the track I didn't have any sort of control surface to work off of, but i just recently got a keyboard and now im working on finding some pads to use too.

you can tap it out with your mouse, thats what i do

I likes the stuttery pads. Whoa, mega bit crushing percussions! Some nice pad work in this. I'm curious to know what this would sound like on good speakers --my studio computer isn't connected to the internet, so everything I hear on here is heard through little computer speakers, that don't actually sound all that bad and get a good amount of bass. But they're still computer speakers. I really like the way the string synths progress in this. Cool time stretchy ending. Good call on that.

I like this... really nice tunes... I really like the... is it vocodered?... thing at the beginning. I always prefer if something other than an amen break is used... but the beats didn't seem to be the main point of the song so it didn't stick out too much for me...

I'm liking the swing on the beat ... reminds me a little of Amen Andrews' 'DX'. Very nice ambient pads!! Just waiting for a phaty break to kick in. Mmm Aphex/U-Ziq typo melodies. Be done before but this is well executed. Hell I couldn't do something like this. Feel the Amen could be a little more pumping and louder in the mix. Ha ha yeah this is so Aphex/U-Ziq like. Well I'm liking it ... I could have definitely mistook it for U-Ziq lol. You're not Mike are you? Anywyas my main crit would be the beats need to be louder and more pumping in the mix.

Thanks alot, haha I never thought about mu-ziq. I think mixing and mastering is a weakness for me right now, never really sure when to just stop messing with things and let the track go.

beautiful vibe, it gets a little repetitive and/or it sounds like it doesn't know quite well where it's going when the amen leaves at about 3:30. i don't know, there's something wrong imo in the song progression. apart from that it was a very enjoyable listen. i liked the ending too.

Archived