IGNORED

Logic Pro 8

Guest esquimaw

Guest esquimaw

Apple have just announced Logic Pro 8 - included in the new 'Logic Studio' bundle.. Looks like they've really improved the audio editing and a few other tweaks - nothing drastic, but all good stuff. AND NO DONGLE. Best part is, upgrade from Logic Pro/Platinum 5/6 is $199! I lost my 6 Pro dongle a while ago, and haven't been bothered to fork out for an upgrade to 7 - this might sway me though. Wonder what the UK price will be? And will they have my details on record seeing as I first became a customer when it was Emagic? Time will tell..

Of course a load of people will winge about 'no new plugins' blah blah. This is not important to me anyway.

Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum
:rolleyes:

Well, if there was VST support I would consider moving to a new version. I've got too many homemade VSTs, so I have to continue to use version 5.

Guest esquimaw

Well, if there was VST support I would consider moving to a new version. I've got too many homemade VSTs, so I have to continue to use version 5.

Your best option would be a VST -> AU wrapper, there's one out there.. Just out of curiosity what did you make your VSTs with?

I remember the lack of VSTs in Pro 6 being a bit of a wrench at the time, but I adjusted eventually.

youve made my night, and given me a heart attack

such good news

man... the audio editing, and file management couldnt have come at a better time for me.

Im freaking out here. juust ordered it. will be here by friday

Guest esquimaw

I'm going to see if I can get the school I work at to order the upgrade tomorrow - fingers crossed.. The lack of dongle is interesting. Surely it's just going to get cracked straight away? Are they going to do an Ableton and make it call home or whatever it does.. Or do they just want people to have it, so that they buy Mac hardware? The price is extremely agressive.. I shall watch the following months with interest.

where do you work? I just quit working at Berklee College of Music.

I doubt theyll order the upgrade until next semester. The semester just started, and they dont like to change things once the semester has begun

Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum

Your best option would be a VST -> AU wrapper, there's one out there.. Just out of curiosity what did you make your VSTs with?

I remember the lack of VSTs in Pro 6 being a bit of a wrench at the time, but I adjusted eventually.

Hm, I didn't know about an AU wrapper, that might be what I need. As long as they don't introduce latency or anything. I mostly use SynthEdit and Reaktor for VSTs, along with some puredata experiments. Somehow I don't think a wrapper will be good for the already questionable puredata VST performance.

This is my only problem with Apple: Why the hell don't they release new versions of Logic for PCs?!

So that people have to buy Apple's computers to run Logic.

That's why I'm still using 5.5.1 on th PC!

Logic 5.5 platinium all the way baby... *thrusts*

got my copy... installed it... loving it.

It's still logic... but it's not. All sorts of stuff Ive WANTED is in there. The browser/list is extremely welcomed. The fact that all the windows can be connected is also extremely welcomed (you can still have detachable ones). The double channel on the left is cool (if you have a track sending to multiple buses, alls you have to do is click on that send, and the right mixer updates to whatever bus that is... extremely nice).

RIGHT CLICK FUNCTIONS. Dear lord, Ive wanted this for ages. Either can be an additional tool, or just a rightclick menu type dealy... both good.

Everything just feels more.... LOGICAL. Best upgrade to the program so far. I dont care that there was only like 3 new plugins... what really needed to be addressed was off of the workflow and interface stuff... Im extremely happy.

Also, the delay designer is fucking ridiculous. Im looking forward to exploring this plugin in depth!

The simple fact that the master volume is on the transport is nice.

Overall, it seems like itll make the editing/production process so much easier and less tedious.

yay!

son of a bitch. my 828 mkii just freaked out on me... (for the 3rd/4th) time. Looks like I have to ship it off for repair. I fucking hate how this thing craps out every year it seems.

What bad timing :(

Archived