IGNORED

are you now or have you ever been

Guest tht tne

Guest tht! tne

afraid to use a vocoder because you don't like your voice?

i was i just wondered if i really suck at vocalizing or if it's a common problem

*prematurely vocodes*

Guest earlgrey

i was i just wondered if i really suck at vocalizing or if it's a common problem

it's pretty disconcerting when you hear your own voice being played back at you, I think most people (not those strange extroverted singin'n'dancin types) feel critical when they hear their own yarn - I suspect not because most of us have shit voices but because it just sounds so radically different to the vibratin'-through-my-own-head perspective that we're used to. I wouldn't have thought much of your individual way of speaking would survive through vocoding, at any rate.

Lots of people say this to me as well, that they don't like their own voice for whatever reason and it's "weird" having it played back to them. I think once you've recorded your own voice lots of times you completely get over it. I do video work and I've done lots of piss take type things involving singing/talking (lol) so I hear my own voice a fair bit, it's not great but you get used to it.

And as far as vocoders go, I think it's better if it's like that - then you can make it exactly in tune as well.

Guest tht! tne
Why would you be afraid to use a vocoder if you didn't like your voice? I would think that's why you would want to use a vocoder.

the explanation to why i phrased the question that way is too complicated to really respond to this properly but yes you're right

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaveMike

It used to bug me cause to me, when i talk , the voice i hear in my head is a bit lower and beefyer, then when i hear it back i sound like a little kid.

just work on your hi and low tones n speak from your diaphragm. Sing in the shower and record yourself drunk, then youll really hear how bad you are and your normal voice may sound better

or be a man, i dont know

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i don't care how my vocals sound as long as it's mangled enough w/ fx that no one can pin them on me conclusively

*prematurely vocodes*

Hell no. I just can't get any of the damn vst vocoders to work. I'd love to get some vocoder action in some of my tunes.

one ofe these days i am just gonna make a phat massive rae anthem with me singing using vocoder. .. then i will get 17 year old pussy for like 2 years and then it's back to the drawing boards after that

Archived