Dec 11 2007 8:00P

HANNA.BR(SPIAGGIA 72) RAVENNA, ITALY

Dec 12 2007 8:00P

TBC ROMA, ITALY

Dec 16 2007 8:00P

SCHEUNE DRESEN, GERMANY

Dec 17 2007 8:00P

TBC BERLIN, GERMANY

i like how every north american band assumes that playing the UK doesn't entail anywhere other than England.

adam is currently trying to book a european tour for end of november/december(for the first time in 6 years) in the following countries. belgium, holland, germany, scandinavia, united kingdom, france, spain, italy, switzerland, austria. if you live in europe and know interested promoters please contact him. dustbreeder@gmail.com

Guest earlgrey
...so not playing in new zealand

gah :unhappy:

:cry:

oh don't tell me you're a SOTL fan too?!

lol

they're my favourite act on kranky. I keep eyeing up And Their Refinement of The Decline on vinyl at Real Groovy but then decide that having to keep flipping through the 6 sides of vinyl would interfere with appreciating it properly.

Guest earlgrey
yeah i don't don't what's up real groovy! i found TS on vinyl randomly there earlier this year and ordered in ROTD... and apparently they took me as a trendsetter that they went and ordered in a whole bunch of copies of both.

haha!

I ordered in Tired Sounds on CD from there at the end of 2005! I noticed they ordered in more than one copy when I did that - there was suddenly one in the "Pop/Rock" section at the same time. (yeah, try rocking out to that pop!) I wonder if they got it in on vinyl then as well!

and it sort of interferes, but sort of doesn't. it just divides things into 'chapters'. especially with the suites on TS

interesting. their music is very hard to come by round these parts - the only time I've seen another one of their albums other than those two for sale was a second-hand (i think) copy of The Ballasted Orchestra on CD which I nabbed last year.

wow, I really just can't imagine what kind of experience it would be to hear SOTL live.... my familiarity with rock and electronic concerts just couldn't prepare me for it.

Well I mean, classic music shows in auditoriums are basically ambient concerts, but perhaps it was being forced to sit through them at an early age but that's never really sat wellwith me, and unfortunately, Id say SOTL don't have the cash to pull off something really amazing and different.

Guest butane bob

Yeah I'd prefer them to play a venue like a theatre or concert hall, fully seated. I'm going to the one in Dublin but I'd like to be tripping pretty hard when they hit the stage, and one thing that really pisses me off when I'm tripping is people bumping into me.

• 1 month later...

i'll go to it when they come, (talking as a fan here) but i can't imagine this is the kind of stuff that works out live. how do i cheer for a subtle note progression that only kicks ass in MY mind?

a seated venue, agreed. i think even an orchestral performance is probably more hardcore than these guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw them last night in antwerp, and they were great

it does work out well live

but an ambient concert as this is such a fragile thing ...

the visualisations were projected with a 16mm (or something) camera that kept on rattling loudly almost trough the entire show, wich was very distracting to me

and the guy who did the visualisations kept his films in a common plastic bag, wich i also heard when he was fumbling in it

and some old guy in the audience couldn't shut the fuck up so i kept hearing him too from time to time

but the times when the camera wasn't rattling and such, i got really moved by the musics and visuals

so yes, it does work out well live, but make sure you don't get an unfortunate seat around noisy things like i did

and they played an Arvo Pärt cover!

lovely

now i've heard they've got some nice live violinists (some pretty girls i think; something i haven't seen an electronic act do til now) which will be much better for the show. i was fearing for the "two dudes and some gear" type gig.

indeed, 3 girls

1 cello and two violins

or one of those violions might be a viola, i dunno

the cellogirl looked kinda hot from a distance

but i didn't sat close enough to determine how hot she was

im looking for her full name but i found nothing ... i only know the band she plays in is called Felix or something..

Archived