IGNORED

the orb - live 1995 recording

Guest margaret thatcher

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest margaret thatcher

fraid not, only 1994 recordings i have currently are the quart festival and woodstock.....sorry!

i am jealous that you saw em in 1994 though. i was 6 then. first time i saw them live was 2004.....

No worries, really appreciate what you have put up, great to hear other live recordings outside of the live '93 CD which is an absolute treasured album for me.

Yeah seeing them live in '94 was an amazing experience that I will never forget... if you do ever come across this recording, please give me a shout! Thanks again.

On a side note, I bought the remastered release of Orblivion a couple of weeks ago and just listening again tonight to the 2nd disc... amazing stuff, well worth the purchase. Pomme Fritz is next on the list.

Guest dougals

A really big regret I have is that I lived in the UK in 94 (no that is not the regret!) and The Orb played but I didn't see them....I'm still kicking myself.

Guest margaret thatcher

5 more soundboard recordings for you:

cambridge corn exchange 1993-11-19 [1:34:13]

exeter university 1993-11-23 [1:32:55]

birmingham institute 1993-11-24 [1:32:52]

leicester university 1993-11-25 [1:31:23]

brixton academy 1993-11-27 [1:33:10]

colossal megaupload file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CHDE070E

set list for all:

01 : plateau

02 : o.o.b.e.

03 : little fluffy clouds

04 : blue room

05 : valley

06 : spanish castles in space

07 : star 6 & 7 8 9

08 : perpetual dawn

09 : a huge ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld

next zip will contain brixton academy 1993-11-28, it was too big to be in this zip file for megaupload. and it's my favourite recording ever cos it's half an hour longer than these ones and has a ridiculous version of "towers of dub" where lx gets his dog to bark into a microphone on stage.

also i'll throw in some 1992 stuff and whatever i have left over from 1993.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dougals

Again, really enjoying listening to these. Any chance of the next up soon. I'm quite curious to hear the 'dog barking on stage' Towers of Dub mix....reminds me a bit of that Pink Floyd song...ummm...errr.... can't quite recall the name of it, but it is the one with the howling dog.

next zip will contain brixton academy 1993-11-28, it was too big to be in this zip file for megaupload. and it's my favourite recording ever cos it's half an hour longer than these ones and has a ridiculous version of "towers of dub" where lx gets his dog to bark into a microphone on stage.

Man that sounds awesome :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to find a good free FTP site but everything that is free has crappy data allowance. Any chance you can upload to Megaupload...please...I know I'm being pushy, but....The Orb is my fave band and so far the uploads you've done have been great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Space Coyote

Any chance I could either

a) wing you some money online and have you purchase me a harddrive, copy all your Orb to it and mail it to me, or,

b) mail you a harddrive, have you copy all your Orb to it, and mail it to me?

PLEASE?! I WILL SUCK YOUR DICK!

Guest Hanratty

i saw the Orb during the Orblivion tour at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York. Is that show available? That was a fantastic show.

Any chance I could either

a) wing you some money online and have you purchase me a harddrive, copy all your Orb to it and mail it to me, or,

b) mail you a harddrive, have you copy all your Orb to it, and mail it to me?

PLEASE?! I WILL SUCK YOUR DICK!

• 1 month later...

also i'll throw in some 1992 stuff and whatever i have left over from 1993.

yikes... 3 months later - any chance of ever getting this set? We'd all love to hear LX's dog.

thanx

I can't believe I'm using this as my first post, how particularly desperate.

Anyway...

Is there any chance you could please upload this:

"the "space" demo with cauty"

It's a bit of a Holy Grail and I'd love to hear it...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dougals

Apparently this is just Jim Cauty as he removed all the bits that Alex did. I don't know if this was out of malice or not.

Guest dougals

I have PMed you a link for it.

Apparently this is just Jim Cauty as he removed all the bits that Alex did. I don't know if this was out of malice or not.

That's kind of the point! The one that was released was just Jimmy but a version exists with all the Alex P samples still in it, that's what the lovely Mrs. Thatcher said she had...

Guest dougals

That's kind of the point! The one that was released was just Jimmy but a version exists with all the Alex P samples still in it, that's what the lovely Mrs. Thatcher said she had...

Ah, got ya now. Now that would be great to hear.

Archived