IGNORED

does rdj trip

goonstock

Guest organizedconfusedproject

Yes he does (or did). I remember having read a stuff about the matter. He was listing his favourite drugqs. it was something like

1. Coffee

2. Mushroom (because LSd is too strong enough)

3. Alcohol

4. weed.

something lie that.

-Coffee ?

-yeah, coffee...

-I read somewhere he did'nt sleep for 2 weeks when he was composing SAW II. Did he sniff caffein ?

-Of course

Guest Barricade

Maybe he did, but deffinitely not strong stuff, because it really takes a sober mind to program beats like the ones on Drukqs! It's a very delicate and time consuming job.

Guest Quixote

Didn't RDJ and Mike P say they were on shrooms when they did the Mike and Rich album? But they didn't want to do it that way again because of how challenging it was. something like that.

Guest organizedconfusedproject

cumulative evidence : Mike and rich is likely to be the less quoted album of rdj. Though i like its drunk melodies

Rdj said he never compose under drugs, because he always get shitty results. Don't forget it.

I highly doubt that is the case regardless of whether he said so or not. I'm sure he doesn't do it much, but I'm sure way back when he did so. He's a weed smoker, seen him smoking during live sets. He's talked about reported trips he's done, and I remember one article (I'll dig it up later when I have more time) where he talks about being given drugs at shows (he gladly accepts) and he talks about Luke Vibert and him eating some mushrooms together. I know a long time back he's talked about wearing a watch for the sole purpose of timing his LSD trips. Tell me a guy like this hasn't made some music at some point under the influence of drugs, and I will find that very hard to believe.

Guest transfer

The list manager (Alan M. Parry) of the original electronic music mailing list once told me that when AFX was on a tour once, in the United States, that he was asking around for methamphetamine.

Guest transfer
The list manager (Alan M. Parry) of the original electronic music mailing list once told me that when AFX was on a tour once, in the United States, that he was asking around for methamphetamine.

I probably shouldn't have given out this info but I got caught up in the "what drugs does afx do" conversation. Could be untrue info though, who knows? I feel like a gossip reading and spreading girl now hehe;).

Guest AOOproductions
Tell me a guy like this hasn't made some music at some point under the influence of drugs, and I will find that very hard to believe.

No one ever said he hasn't made music under the influence of anything. But it has been said that his music was not as good or just bollocks when he was ripped or drunk or trippin. Im pretty sure he said this in an interview as well, and it wasn't a take a shit interview, it was legit.

where is nacmat ? Isn't time to close this topc like the 'are rdj an alcohlic ?" one

I think this is a legit topic. He's talked openly about drugs before (in certain cases)

I agree AOO, just pointing out that just because RDJ said so, doesn't necessarily make it so. I do tend to believe his better tracks were probably not made under the influence, but I also see him as the kind of guy to rip a joint and start recording and mucking about (weed is not the most mind altering drug, especially when you are an experienced user)

rdjl.jpg

JUST IN: rdj is into jenkem

alright, now the seriousness of this thread is lost... PRICK

qnio: BOO HOO, RICHIE SMOKES. Drugs are bad... mmmkay

Therefore I don't like the Aphex Twins music anymore, especially my favorite remix of mine, Star Wars Techno style :devil:

"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years ... RRRRRRRRRREAL fucking high on drugs."

-Bill Hicks

Guest hahathhat

looks like he has answered

al'[right u cujntas, itlls lay it on thqwline 4u lolsucl,. hjere is how drukqrfs play casarole in teh 23th cventryu musiz of afx twine (aleso wit: dicekman, smpofdgecaes, fonicboi on rope): fjirst i find ED of teh chamriclal bros in a fclub and he nhjeeds a lien reel bad.ly. i t3ll hyikm i;ll give him an 8ball and a bjag of sklightly axspired pervitin tblaets if je gets n2 me tank. whjen he does, ie3llock ed inside thar tank 4 5 week with higha quality, neumann condenswer mckiyfone plrgged n2 bneve preamp, eqz. record edxs waitl2s of despair, load thn2m n2 sampler. thent3 i usjed tyhe sampl3s to nmaek a track3 called DFGJKLDFGsdfgh whiqch got releasaed as gwarek2 on dtruqks.

othjer tha3n thatt dtruq2ks haev playew3d no role in my msuics.

http://www.ricedoutyugo.com/view.php?post=2475

what do i think?? richard has repeatedly expressed interest in mixing it up - changing his rigs around, doing some tracks all on hardware, some software, some both - i can't imagine he wouldn't do similar with drugs. he probably writes some tracks loaded, some tracks fuzzed, some while tripping, some stone-cold sober. just to keep things interesting. then some nutters like you ask "DO YOU DO YOUR MUSICS ON DRUGS??" and he has no simple answer. a partial yes would be taken as a whole yes. so he says some random crap.

once i heard something like fatboy slim's former aliases (pizzaman etc) were due to what drugs he was on when he made music. fatboy slim has described himself as someone's drunk uncle, maybe smojphace is that bum we were all saying was going to show up as the tuss?

i wager he smokes a lot of Js when working, despite what he says.

for what it's worth, i found cubase a huge amount of fun to use on acid and impossible on shrooms.

A BRIEF CONVERSATION ABOUT DRUGS

The Aphex Twin's favourite drugs, in order of preference: grass/hash,

mushrooms, coffee, tea, Ventolin, aspirin. At a festival last week, he licked a little too much liquid acid off his hand, then had to spend the night convincing his mate, who'd similarly indulged, that they were in a field, not standing on the edge of a hypodermic needle. He wasn't very successful. Have his tastes changed as he's got older?'Only in as much as I know what not to take when I'm going to see my parents.'

source: http://That Other Site™.com/nostalgia/aphextwin.nu...194880071.shtml

Archived