IGNORED

jfx

Guest Max

the drums are incredibly afx-ish in nature, but the melody is a bit different. namely those bell-like synths going on. i don't really think the bells add much to the track to be honest. what i'm wanting to listen to are the progression of the drums and the more abrasive synths.

this gives you a feeling of nostalgia because of how similar it is to rdj album or ICBYD.

good work, nonetheless.

Haha! Wow, this was weird and very playful!

I didn't really know what I was expecting when the synths started out, but when the drums kicked in I did a little tap dancing - couldn't help myself.

As Meadows said the drums are very afx-ish kinda like! I loved this one...!

The drum work is nice, but I would like to hear you elaborate on the melody a bit. I think how lo-fi some of the drums are takes away from them.

I think how lo-fi some of the drums are takes away from them.

Yeah, I agree there... this is a great track but the beats don't really pound like they should, even though they're very well programmed. Very nice track overall though. Catchy stuff, got my head nodding as well

I thought this was decent. The bells are really really awesome. The beat was unexpecting but yeah was funky for sure. Beat seemed a little too compressed I felt but yeah a head nodder for sure. This really was very unexpecting jem of a first listen today. The Moogy type of whiny sound I felt could be changed with perhaps a more subtler sound perhaps. Interesting I thought the end could have been stronger. Overall impressive I would say just a few things I would change to make it perfection. I felt like you were going in the right place for the last minute. However it didn't really happen and faded a bit ubruptly without the track having a proper crescendo. Yeah enjoyable.

Guest Max Marlow

thx for all the comments.

actually i worked on it, but now i am stuck. i got additional percussive elements, also worked the existing ones out. i also tried to exchange the synthmelody, but i am neither happy with floating into a new instrument, nor exchanging it in total. the best result what i got was a guitar... but that gives it a totally changed life.

in some positions i've put a string thats not tooooo much disturbing. i took 4 x4/4 pattern of the synth out...and after working that long on it... i came to the point, that the bell is the main part of it. i cannot work on that... and btw... its really like a church!! after hours these bells wont let you go... and so i'm stuck. i can't get it even out now... its like echoing in my brain, and i stopped 3 hours ago.

any trial of getting it out just gets into a drum section ... what is obviously wanted.. but on fadein and out of both themes - synth and bell - i load too much, or less, or i change the character of the track.

for the moment i have no perfect idea... as i dont like to echo again :)

thx anyway for your participating... i also think its a good, but not very good or even outstanding track. i got a good change of harsh and soft, but the further work on it sucks after some time.

oh and i like to destroy drums.

max

Archived