IGNORED

anyone here owns a xox box?

qnio

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Laughable Butane Bob

I own one, and I think so does kookoon. I have #318. It is the shit, I played my first show with it on friday night, the thing RIPS APART a venue. A sonic dream.

Get one, it's better than a 303. I'm trying to find another one. The midi-implementation is intense, check out my track I made with it and a modified monoliner sequencer in Reaktor 5

http://university-records.com/LBB/Einzel-Welle.mp3

Nearly all the tracks on the UR website have the x0x in them. =D

lol

hahah, yeah goofy video... first time I've played live in quite a while I'm guy in the black shirt, electronic music beard shaved off for the show

the show went really well though, people really responded to the x0xb0x, and my friend/engineer for our label (Bobby Lee) played a nanoloop gameboy set with an ER1 which people went CRAZY for

n509495183_2329150_2128.jpg

n509495183_2329155_5101.jpg

n509495183_2329156_5725.jpg

it's best to check out official forums for that. many people say they sound identical, personally i think the high-resonance sounds aren't 100% same, but close enough.

I remember you and CMA doing side by side tests... honestly I have never heard two 303's sound the same, so you aren't going to get a x0x to sound just like a 303...

Haha, that didn't make much sense. My point was that it's all analog gear, each magic box is going to sound unique enough to tell the difference between it and another. My x0x doesn't sound the same at the beginning of a set than it does at the end of a set.

Oh and OP, another great thing about the x0xb0x is if you build it yourself you aren't afraid of fixing/modding it.

Guest hahathhat

if you never wear clothes twice and have a ferarri for each day of the week, there's no question gravy is better than imitation - however, from what i can tell, they're pretty close, so much so i'd be hard pressed to know if i took the pepsi challenge.

i also love to build things. that's another score for the x0xb0x for me.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have a bona fide TB303, but if someone offered me a free 303 or a free x0x, I'd be hard pressed to choose between the two.

Get one, it's better than a 303. I'm trying to find another one. The midi-implementation is intense, check out my track I made with it and a modified monoliner sequencer in Reaktor 5

and that's done by USB? :\

explain a little more on the midi-pc feature plz

and that's done by USB? :\

explain a little more on the midi-pc feature plz

There are MIDI In/Out/Thru ports on the back of the x0xb0x just like any other synth

was it a pain in the ass to build it?
Took me and a friend the better part of noon until the late evening to finish it

was fun!

Took me and a friend the better part of noon until the late evening to finish it

was fun!

well it was my first diy project, it took me longer - about three evenings. qnio, how much soldering experience do you have?

was fun!

well it was my first diy project, it took me longer - about three evenings. qnio, how much soldering experience do you have?

I've had a bit, I also had a really nice WES51 iron and great solder

was fun!

not a problem

Archived