weathered stone

rhubarb

mould

grass

blur

domino

radiator

tree

For the record, none of the tracks have names - I've been saying this for years, but yet still these stupid fucking names keep popping up, which at best are lame guesses as to what Richard photographed to represent each of the tracks. For your ID3 tags, you should put either "Untitled" or CD [x] Track [x] like on 26 Mixes for Cash's remix did.

heres the other side, minus Blue Calx. it is also apparent that the US version has different pictures http://That Other Site™.com/nostalgia/aphextwin.nu...895499398.shtml

@joyrex, well Blue Calx is he official name of that track, however when they have names its easier to identify, since there is a well known set of unofficial names, it is easiest to just go buy them.

in no particular order:

For the record, none of the tracks have names - I've been saying this for years, but yet still these stupid fucking names keep popping up, which at best are lame guesses as to what Richard photographed to represent each of the tracks. For your ID3 tags, you should put either "Untitled" or CD [x] Track [x] like on 26 Mixes for Cash's remix did.

Very well,

page1 post

Track 12,

Track 7,

Track 1,

Track 4,

Track 9,

Track 3,

Track 6,

Track 5,

Track 8,

Track 11,

Track 2,

Track 10

page2 post (tracks are numbered for the limited vinyl, see here)

Track 20,

Track 23,

Track 22,

Track 14,

Track 21,

Track 18,

Track 19,

Track 15,

Track 24,

Track 17,

Track 25,

Track 16

who actually came up with the unofficial titles?

Gonzi Marchan and Alan Perry who wrote the original AFX FAQ - they were also the ones to apply the names to the Caustic Window Joyrex series of tracks, until Richard and Grant officially named them on the Caustic Window Compilation. I understand why people named them for ease of use, but when you understand the whole point between the artwork and the music, and that the size of the image is relative to how long the track is and how much space it takes up on the disc/record, you can appreciate the amount of thought that went into it and then those names seem a bit silly. What complicates things a bit is the CD releases not having enough room for #19, so the vinyl version's artwork is the most complete.

Didn't think this would be worth it's own thread, so I'll post it here.

I've done the SAW2 pie chart thing with drukQs, for absoulutely no reason. It's based on the vinyl version, using the centre stickers to colour the pie charts.

post-1516-1205027300_thumb.png

Guest KristByrne

If you want Track 19 in CD version it's available on "Excursions In Ambience, The Third Dimension (ASW 6119-2)".

It's track number 10 "Aphex Twin - #19".

Also, if you want high res scans of the SIRE/US version I have them but I can't figure out how to upload them.

The vinyl version's artwork is the most complete.

No it isn't. The pictures are in black and white, and cropped to fit inside the pie slices. On some versions, even the sleeve is in black and white!

Archived