IGNORED

Philosophy of Sound and Machine ART2CD On eBay

Guest KristByrne

it says "some of the finest early moments of techno are here on one CD".

well, i have the disc, it's good, but the 1990's is not early techno by any standards i know of.

i hope (sarcastically) there are some out there aware of the dance / rave scene of the mid to late 80's in england, the house music scene of america (didn't italy have one too then?) - after all, it's essentially what spawned rephlex, RDJ, and is a culminating influence on british musicians who had grown up with early electronic experiments in pop music, as well as early electro and hip-hop.

• 4 weeks later...
i hope (sarcastically) there are some out there aware of the dance / rave scene of the mid to late 80's in england, the house music scene of america (didn't italy have one too then?) - after all, it's essentially what spawned rephlex, RDJ, and is a culminating influence on british musicians who had grown up with early electronic experiments in pop music, as well as early electro and hip-hop.

im not surprised a lot of people have mis perceptions about when certain music was started.

When somone explained to me there was a 'new genre' in about the year 2003 called breakcore i said 'cool' and when they played it for me i realized that the person who thought this just must have never heard of Digital Hardcore Recordings that existed in 1994 putting out Shizuo and Alec Empire.

im not surprised a lot of people have mis perceptions about when certain music was started.

When somone explained to me there was a 'new genre' in about the year 2003 called breakcore i said 'cool' and when they played it for me i realized that the person who thought this just must have never heard of Digital Hardcore Recordings that existed in 1994 putting out Shizuo and Alec Empire.

Pretty sure Alec Empire ran Digital Hardcore, actually. Really hit or miss and by that I mean mostly miss. Bomb20 had some rally choice moments. Dgital Hardcore to me seemed to be more about who could compress and distort their particular genre more than strictly breakcore tho.

Archived