IGNORED

Wisp - The Shimmering Hour

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tommm

It might be here. Google is your pal in situations like this. ;)

I'll wait for the actual release to get sent over. As much as I liked Katabatic, it wasn't the greatest of releases. It doesn't get spun nearly half as much as NRTHNDR. Hopefully this new record is a return to good form.

Sadly, I've been hearing some bad things about it. Apparently it's quite sickly and a bit too "sugary".

why "fuck leaks"? if we want it we'll buy it anyhow. A lower quality bitrate isn't enough to make a person not like the music.

Right on. It just spoils the fun of opening up the package, putting on the music, and hearing it for the first time after waiting for so long. For me at least.

I agree about leaks being a bit of a bummer, so I usually grab them, listen once or twice, then delete. Then a few months later putting the album on seems like an old friend.

Aw I'm getting all emotional. Go Wisp!

EDIT: Also I wanted to say that I don't believe this "leak" for a second. It's renamed Herb Alpert mp3s or something right guys?

EDIT: Also I wanted to say that I don't believe this "leak" for a second. It's renamed Herb Alpert mp3s or something right guys?

i think its a "promoleak" send out by rephlex records, a voice keeps saying "the. shimmering. hour... on. rephlex. records. ... by. wiSp."

soulseek you guys...

also, i dont think that the tracks are 100% full, sometimes they seem to fade out abruptly

i like sound of it at first glance

the only track i have difficulty with is The Fire Above, but that's just me i guess

Guest Renivatio
the only track i have difficulty with is The Fire Above, but that's just me i guess

I remembr when i first heard this track on his myspoos a long while back. I lurved teh track and was glad it was finally properly released when i listen'd to the promo leak. Epic track imo

This album is pretty phenomenal... I think if I didn't get so much exposure to the EP before, this album would probably be blowing me out of the water right about now.

I hope I can get a copy of this on LP.

Guest Renivatio
i don't like this album. i don't know, it's just so fucking gay and conventionnal and i'm sick of all this idm shit

seaway trail is great though

y'know brian, i was always curious what you meant by teh idm shit.

i don't like this album. i don't know, it's just so fucking gay and conventionnal and i'm sick of all this idm shit

seaway trail is great though

Your crazy, the cheesiness definitely takes a little time to warm up to, but like Just A Souvenir, as long as you don't take the music too seriously, this release is a blast. Can't wait to drive around in the summer to this.

The Fire Above will be deleted though... It just doesn't fit with the rest of the album.

Guest sudden roundabout

Promo is up on what.cd! It's 192 and there are voice-overs to keep it a preview, but it's all there. I'm sure it's available not as a torrent somewhere else, but I have yet to find it. Nothing on rephlex, his myspace or wisp.kaen.org.

Guest Pilcat
Promo is up on what.cd! It's 192 and there are voice-overs to keep it a preview, but it's all there. I'm sure it's available not as a torrent somewhere else, but I have yet to find it. Nothing on rephlex, his myspace or wisp.kaen.org.

yea that's where i got mine

but it's def not true 192, likely a transcode from 128 (or less). you can hear the high-end get muddy in spots.

There was a 320 available for a hot minute which was quickly removed cause it was obvious someone was just trying to up their ratio by seeding a transcode.

transcode, lol.

Guest bitroast

yeah, maybe the CD is just low quality cos its a promo. it definitely sounds muddy compaired to teddy oggie mp3s and etc.

Guest Pilcat
yeah, maybe the CD is just low quality cos its a promo. it definitely sounds muddy compaired to teddy oggie mp3s and etc.

maybe there was no promo "CD" in the first place,

just promo mp3s distributed in low-rate vbr with the watermarks, in anticipation of the inevitable leak.

:undecided:

Archived