IGNORED

BORIS - smile

kaini

but on a certain breakfast-based pastry site now.

as usual, really really genre-spanning and ambitious. it's great. particularly the first track

i love it. in fact, i don't think i've heard a single boris release that i don't like.

and yes, very different for them. drum machines!

also, i got to see them live with sunn o))) last year, that was freakin' awesome.

you know, i'm a really big fan and i have everything they've done, and this record is the first so far that really leaves me kinda ehhh in parts. its fun the first time but the 7" is waaaaaaay more solid than the album, imo.

even so, a band that puts out this much music before doing ONE thing i don't particularly love as much as the rest deserves to be highly commended.

this is now a dual-purpose thread to discuss wata's hotness also

something about a tiny japanese girl wielding a gibson (or occasionally a fender jazzmaster or jaguar) producing a shityourpants loud wall of noise from a wall of orange amps gives me a nineteen-inch sweatpants boner.

279499070_3e7a9339f6.jpg

wataboris.jpg

27987.boris4.JPG.jpg

wata.jpg

02-boris-orange.jpg

• 11 months later...

i think its the best album of 2008. well at least, that's the record(s) that never leave my decks. and strangely, i discovered it LIVE, at a gig last year, without knowing any track : earthquake sensations o ))))))

Archived