IGNORED

machinedrum

mononomo

So I'm thinking about getting myself one of these for christmas.

I just wanted to know if anyone's opinion on these things changed for better or for worse?

Did anyone get one that wanted one?

Anyone come to any startling realizations about humanity while tweaking one? Etc..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i played with one recently and it made me realize that to get anything decent out of it you need to read the manual

in essence: i suck

Just had a break on the ole tinternet cause my ear are ringing from Machinedrum abuse at the mo and look what I found!

I've tried a lot of drum machines and the only thing wrong with mine is its not the UW version however this thing is so deep yet easy to use I won't be needing another drum machine for a very long time. I resisted the overpriced hype that surrounds these machine for a many years but you only realise the power of the dark side once you spent time on one. :duel:

Not the best for heavy 909ish techno or some particular analogue percussion but the workflow of the OS is so fluid I can't really be arsed using anything else anymore and that goes for the Monomachine too.

The MD concept was a reaction to the unintuative approach of software and to create somethng simple and tactile whilst not being to complex with menus or anything else to hinder creativity.

You really get the feeling with both Elektrons of something that's been been created with a lot of thought by innovative young designers/engineers who are into this kind of music rather than some big corp on the other side of the world bundling a load of advert tasty features together in a DJ appealing box to fill a gap in the market.

Sure what you get for your money isn't a great deal in physical terms but the design and workflow is worth a lot more than the sum of its parts which will benefit your creative output x10 more than the next cheapest equivilent.

At the end of the day Elektrons beat dragging a fecking mouse around all day.

Anyhowz back to the beats....... :nuke:

Archived