IGNORED

machinedrum

mononomo

so

I've browsed through the forums here and around the interwebs and decided I'm ridiculously interested in getting one of these

does anyone here have one or one of the other machinedrums? how do you like it

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so

I've browsed through the forums here and around the interwebs and decided I'm ridiculously interested in getting one of these

does anyone here have one or one of the other machinedrums? how do you like it

ihad the older version without sampling and i recently replaced it with the uw mkII version. its fucking amazing.

imo one of the best ways to come up with crazy sound designed beats and melodies on the fly (yes you can parameter lock the pitch, retrigger speed, and ring modulation frequency of each drum sound to create melodies)

i highly recommend one

I have one.

It is amazing

Make sure you get the one with the sampling option (UW)

It would still be worth it if it was double the price. Best drum machine out there.

Just listen to Ae's live sets and Untilted to give you an idea of what it can do. But seriously though, the capabilities of the machinedrum go on forever. It's actually really good for noisy, distorted, industrial type things. Which you don't hear much from Ae or really from most of the people who use the machinedrum. The point is, I've had mine for about a year almost I guess and I still learn new stuff everyday.

Guest hahathhat

woe is me. GAS. machinedrum is right up there on the list... with proper monitors... MC202... 606....

my wallet is screaming in agony

I have one.

It is amazing

It would still be worth it if it was double the price. Best drum machine out there.

Just listen to Ae's live sets and Untilted to give you an idea of what it can do. But seriously though, the capabilities of the machinedrum go on forever. It's actually really good for noisy, distorted, industrial type things. Which you don't hear much from Ae or really from most of the people who use the machinedrum. The point is, I've had mine for about a year almost I guess and I still learn new stuff everyday.

have you made any music with it rook? id love to check it out even rough stuff

I was thinking of getting a ES-x now i may hold out for one of these bitches.

i dont think you should, youlll be spending a lot less and be getting very satisfying results. Imo my korg electribe is equally as fun to use as my machinedrum and i use both equally. and if you think it sucks sell it, loose maybe $50 and spend the rest of the money towards an MD

I have one.

It is amazing

i dont think you should, youlll be spending a lot less and be getting very satisfying results. Imo my korg electribe is equally as fun to use as my machinedrum and i use both equally. and if you think it sucks sell it, loose maybe $50 and spend the rest of the money towards an MD

yeah, i agree with ghost... from the videos ive seen on the machinedrum, i can do just about everything Ive seen on my ESX.

I have one.

It is amazing

yeah, i agree with ghost... from the videos ive seen on the machinedrum, i can do just about everything Ive seen on my ESX.

well i didnt mean that exactly, the machinedrum is 10x more powerful for sound design. for sequencing its about the same, maybe a tad more power as far as the be able to ad a swing amount to individual steps. The electribe has more sample room but very very little in the way of modifying the samples once they are in compared to the machindrum. Also the electribe has zero drum synth engine. The machinedrum is the most powerful synth based drum engine ive ever used on software or hardware. It could probably be possible for for someone to recreate it in software, but it would take a lot of work.

I find both equally fun to use for jamming out and just improvising beats, the electribe has the great arpegiator and roll function

Guest rex sole

The Machinedrum is just the box that keeps on giving. It's actually a bit underwhelming when you first switch it on as the presets don't really give away the potential of the machine at all, but once you get aquainted with it's sound generating machine thingies and all of the LFO and automation features it opens itself up quite dramatically. Don't ignore the impulse, noise and sine machines!

The only cavaet is (and we're getting in to subjective territory here) that it sounds a bit 'clinical' and I really can't get to grips with the onboard compressor, it seems to do very counterproductive things to the sound. Both of these issues I've solved by running it through a ratty old dbx compressor which warms it up a bit and adds a certain amout of bite to it.

I have one.

It is amazing

The first stuff I will have posted on here will be for the Metropolis soundtrack. You got your scene right?

My friend has an esx and I love it, I played a number of times I'll probably end up with an Korg ESX, but having the opportunity to watch AE from 10 feet away last night, I must say I'd love to fuck about with a Machinedrum.

Guest NihiLmAnTank

i'm married to my md,..great machine!, bit clean at times...but alltogether, best drum/freaksynth ever.

bit clean at times.

I hear this a lot about the MD. I will agree that the initial sounds do tend towards a clean sound, but with a little experimentation, it is really easy to get industrial or distorted or gritty sounds. Plus, if you have the UW version, welcome to industrial city.

D:

does anyone have experience ordering directly from Elektron? was it speedy?! I'm so impatient

I could have picked it up in SF at robotspeak but I wanted the tm-1 deal elektron was offering

D:

does anyone have experience ordering directly from Elektron? was it speedy?! I'm so impatient

I could have picked it up in SF at robotspeak but I wanted the tm-1 deal elektron was offering

oh, sweet, you're in san francisco too.

I can hunt you down and tak-

errr.... I mean, be your friend :D

So I've looked over at the Machinedrum page and I'm still kind of confused as to what makes this so super-desirable (and expensive). Can anyone enlighten me?

it's a drum machine with a great synthesis engine and interface. Sure it's expensive, but it's a piece of hardware that is made by a small company.

So I've looked over at the Machinedrum page and I'm still kind of confused as to what makes this so super-desirable (and expensive). Can anyone enlighten me?

it's a drum machine with a great synthesis engine and interface. Sure it's expensive, but it's a piece of hardware that is made by a small company.

What makes the synthesis engine so special? I mean I don't deny it makes plenty of different bangy noises, I can hear that, but I mean, lots of things make many different bangy noises for a lot less money, etc etc, I'm just missing something I think about the desirability quotient here. I mean sure if someone gave me one I'd be like "oh cool" and I'd go make some bangy noises with it but would probably use manipulated samples just as often.

Archived