IGNORED

melbourne watmmers thread—current news: new monthly IDM night starting soon

modey

awesome night! pivot were fucken amazing :)

qua was good too, but i enjoyed his other set awhole lot more. didn't see any lemur action tonight :P

hahah, i forgot to tell you, he told me that the pony gig was one of the worst gigs he's played, hopefully not because of our heckling, zole!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

hahaha! you serious!?

the heckling was friendly heckling :)

i think he's putting himself down a little. during that set the drummer kept asking if we could hear the drums and would hit the drums randomly, and we'd yell out YES. and then he'd just walk off, kinda bummed out thinking that we couldn't hear the drums.

plus, he played some older stuff in the pony set as well, which was cool.

maybe tonight's set was better, but was kind of spoilt because of the awesomess of pivot. again, they were really fucken good.

Guest bitroast

i'll be at belew. afraid to say i've never heard of saul williams.

i am, on the other hand, definitely considering holy fuck on the 10th. apperantly they're real good live, and i love their albums so..

i'll be at belew. afraid to say i've never heard of saul williams.

i am, on the other hand, definitely considering holy fuck on the 10th. apperantly they're real good live, and i love their albums so..

saul williams = awesome poetic hiphop, i guess. also a whole bunch of melbourne bands.

i don't think i've heard any holy fuck.

also, we're gonna finally hold a housewarming at our place on the 13th of december. anyone interested? anyone? echo?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey melbourne cunce, anyone wanna join us for field of sound (ambient post-rock/electronic stuff) this sunday at pure pop records? 221 barkly street st kilda. field of sound is on at 3pm.

Ambient?? Afternoon?? Yeah I might actually go to this one lol

yeah d00d come along i'll give you a cd.

who's going to mogwai? i bought my ticket the other day.

hey, I'll be coming to PurePop on Sunday. Sounds well chilled, and St Kilda is nice, and I hardly ever go there. It is usally hard to get to, but I found a way I can get there really quickly yesterday by walking strait along the stormwater drains from near my house. it's like an epic bypass that links bentleigh to st kilda.

Also, I'm coming to Mogwai. Got my ticket after you and Trayce talked me into it. I'm fair psyched for it. :D

hehe awesome. trayce isn't going to mogwai though so it'll just be us watmmers.

yeah, i'm looking forward to checking out purepop, i'm in the process of trying to talk them into letting me do a set there at some point! it looks like a nice place.

heh lol .. i bailed .. kuz yolz is boring ;-p

then i went to bed and slept for 14 hrs .. cause i was freaky tired .. been a long week ..

yeah sorry i wasn't so talkative, the seating arrangements were a bit limited.

then i went to bed and slept for 14 hrs .. cause i was freaky tired .. been a long week ..

How do the beds in Melbourne compare to Brisbane?

yeah sorry i wasn't so talkative, the seating arrangements were a bit limited.

i agree .. it's like we were putting our feet up on the table not because we were living in blase land .. but as support .. so that we didn't slip down the seating .. then more to your point i was saying to chris whilst i was there how we needed a knights of the round table type deal ...

soz ... btw ... i really should have stayed .. but i felt that i was frignored tierd .. ala the no drink ... omG dleetr minus alcohol ...hao iz xis posiblie ... nevertheless ... if you weren't werking tomorrow .. i'd come round and play your guitar ... my flight leaves at seven .. have to be back at chris' by 4:30 gon be bored tomorrow ...

Archived