IGNORED

Another disco number

Guest Tony Baroney
Can't wait till i've finished it to post, let me know what you think of it so far.

Enjoy :beer:

wow, i loved the funky bassline about a 3rd of the way through

i'd like to hear the finished version :)

Guest Jimbob

Really loved this, funky as hell...there's not alot i don't like about it other than the fact that it's too short!

Wish it was a part of a set though, i can see obscene amounts of people shaking a leg :beer:

Guest brianellis

Cool song. very metro area-ish. the bassline should come in earlier imo... the fading chord is cool, but i think it's starts to drag a little. I'm not liking the broken beat that comes in... this should be a straight disco song, those beats throw off the good mood. Nice production overall, could use a little dirtying. oh no! don't use the yeah woo sounds. if anything, add vocoded vocals.

Now that's a funky piece of fresh! I've heard the voice sample you used too many times though. It was used well, I would have just liked to have heard a voice sample that's a little bit more original.

Overall awesome song!

No fans of the think break in this topic then! Personally i can't get enough of that break, such a lush rhythm - ill consider using one of the other thinks without james brown yeahing and wooing. Brian - id love to vocode some vocals but im not able to just yet, ive intentionally left that track open in terms of melody specifically for a vocoded part.

I put another one of my recent disco jams onto my myspace as well, check out the top one

http://www.myspace.com/captainfman

That one is seriously struttin', try and walk normally to it :beer:

Guest brianellis

Well, it's not that it's a bad rhythm, it's that it doesn't fit the song. Perhaps make that beat into it's own tune? Listening to the tune on your myspace, not bad either. Definitely also has that morgan geist vibe... why can you not able to vocode yet? this one could use it too!

Guest brianellis

you don't need a decent mic to vocode... any shitty mic will work. There's lots of good vst vocoders like DCVocoder and Robotronic... FLStudio has a decent built in vocoder too. I use those, or my korg ms2000.

Archived