IGNORED

Resident Evil 5 to feature online co-op

Rubin Farr

Guest Quixote

I'm excited to hear this, too. Co-op play online is such an awesome experience since I can play with old friends who've moved away, and I can keep in touch with my brothers since we're all dorks like that.

Should be well suited to this game, too, since there were always parts when you had an AI controller partner in the other RE games.

• 4 months later...

Terrible? WTF? It looks like a solid action game even it's only half as good as RE4 was. I'm not so keen on the fact that they've used the same scripted stunts as in RE4 though. Seems kinda lazy to me.

It looks awesome. Wasn't that chainsaw guy in 4, though?

If only it could look like that on the Wii. RE4 was a blast on that console.

Yeah, but the chainsaw guy/gal was probably too good to leave out of the next chapter - and frankly, I agree. Meeting the chainsaw guy for the first time in RE4 on the GameCube left me completely stunned, and when I was finally decapitated I laughed my ass off because of its awesomeness.

Guest assegai
Terrible? WTF? It looks like a solid action game even it's only half as good as RE4 was. I'm not so keen on the fact that they've used the same scripted stunts as in RE4 though. Seems kinda lazy to me.

Although re4 was good (for the time) I was hoping they'd go more back to their roots with the cool story about umbrella/stars/zombies etc. Now it just looks like a pretty white boy shooting a bunch of tired lurching black dudes that apparently bubble up and disappear (wtF?). The game doesn't seem creepy at all, the AI looks retarded and the controls are pretty tired (from what I could gather from the gameplay videos and re4). The graphics looks great and I'm sure I'll definitely check it out but it doesn't come close to the original re's. Now imagine a redo of re1 with this treatment? (like mgs1 for gamecube) oh man

I'm sure the game will be scary. They know that if they don't add some shock-effects they'll get their asses handed over to them by an angry mob of nerds. But if I were to show a game at E3, Tokyo Gameshow etc., then I think I'd show something similiar as to what we've been served by Capcom to show off the technical aspects of the game. And that's pretty much what they've been doing so far. At the beginning it was all about the graphics, then some gameplay elements (such as the light/dark gameplay element), and then something about the multiplayer functions. They've got a huge fanbase, and they know what people want so I wouldn't worry. Noticeh ow EA didn't show any of the shock-scenes from Dead Space either when it got showed at any of the big gaming exhibitions, and it's fair to say that Dead Space did have a bunch of them - well, pretty much all the time.

I'm listening to a Kotaku podcast right now, and Brian Crecente mentioned exactly what you mentioned in your previous post that RE5 feels more like an action game than a survivor game. If it turns out to be like that then I'll be immensely disappointed. IMMENSELY.

• 3 months later...
Guest Space Coyote

Does anyone have this shit on PS3, want to play this co-op online and also lives in a similar or compatible time zone to GMT+10?

Guest countchocula
Does anyone have this shit on PS3, want to play this co-op online and also lives in a similar or compatible time zone to GMT+10?

yeah I have it on PS3. I am GMT-6 but I have an extremely odd sleep pattern. I have played it and I can't figure out how to play with friends. I can't find an option to play with a specific person only random matchmaking.

Archived