IGNORED

Getting "Inside" the music

Guest Randolph Carter

Guest Randolph Carter

Tonight I was lucky enough to have a few special minutes listening to Fol3. For the first time I could "see" into the whole piece and comprehend the song structure. Instead of sounding like back-masked beats and sounds, the song became something organic and alive. I spent 3:47 in stillness and was AMAZED at what I heard.

It's so amazing that our ears can hear things sometimes and not really "hear" them. Every once in a while Ae songs will do that to you. That is such a special treat, to be taken along on a ride from the music that your ears hear.

I hope Sean and Rob continue to make music together for a long time to come.

Incredible track, just mindbending.

What are some Ae songs you've recently "seen" into.

Guest moo duck

yeah

yeah, i have finally seen into rale, very much lately, i think. eh.. experience wow, fuck wow, wow

it's about 10-13 tunes i think

i've seen them regularly

from quaristice cycle

I've gotten into most AE tracks by now, Draft is the one album that still eludes me, and every once in a while I learn to appreciate a track from it. IV VV IV VV VIII being the most recent

Guest Randolph Carter
Were you sober?

No, I was pretty high when I was "granted access" to Fol3. I just listened to it on the way home from work and, no surprise, it wasn't "ALIVE" like it was last night.

I think tonight, a little later (wink wink, nudge nudge) I'm going to give Bine and Lentic Catachresis a thorough listening. I REALLY want to know the order to the first perceived sonic chaos of those tracks. Anyone else ever made sense, so to speak, of either of those? The beats are so fast and so many it's difficult to follow.

Another track I find very intriguing lately is chenc9-1dub. The underlying Donkey Kong sounding bouncy thing is a strange choice for the song and the timing is a little strange. I should give that a go later as well.

Archived