IGNORED

should i buy Logic 7.2 for $400?

eh Speedy

I would save up another $100 and get Logic Studio 8 for $500. It's vastly superior to Logic 7.

or $450 if you can find someone with a student discount to buy it for you.

yeah, you're right. i'm probably not into it enough yet. i thought Logic was a grand or something.

used to be a grand. nows its 500, and even better than 7.

you can do so fucking much with what they give you, its seriously a steal at $500

Yeah logic is the jam. It's what I used to use before cubase. Sadly not made for the pc anymore, which i why i switched over to cubase. I miss logic so much. Modular environment for the world. Cubase still to this day lacks a lot of the awesomeness that i experienced with logic.

Edit: Just read your other thread. Actually if you are a "beginner" I would not suggest logic. Stick with fl studio, acid, reason, etc for a while and then move on to logic, cubase, or pro tools. It's a lot easier and a lot more productive if you lay a foundation of your knowledge with music software first, instead of jumping in to feature packed software environments.

just my opinion

Guest sysex

Logic 8 Studio is far better bang for the buck with all the additional included apps and content. Mainly Soundtrack Pro.

I would save another 100$ for it.

As well, the whole interface has been streamlined and is much different than Logic 7. Almost everything can be done in just the arrange window in Logic 8, but you still have the various other windows and editing features of all the previous versions.

I've been a logic user for over 8 years and ver. 8 is probably the easiest to get around and manage your projects in than any previous versions. imho

Archived