IGNORED

Zephyr Nova remixes Eric Hogg

Zephyr_Nova

Eric Hogg is my acoustic song project with vocals.

This is my electronic music alter ego's interpretation of it:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1142163&t=6043

Or

If anyone else would like to try their hand at it, go here to download the files:

http://www.acidplanet.com/erichogg

...PS help support my habit by buying the CD:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/erichogg <--there are samples of most of the songs here.

OH MY GOD! I had NO IDEA you were Eric Hogg! I have 3 songs you posted (probably on joyrex.com, or one of the first incarnations of watmm), this was years ago... I always wondered if you did more!

That remix is really really nice BTW. I've always thought your music is consistently really good, but I'm just not really into the more harsh glitchy stuff... I like your more melodic trakcs like this. But that's just personal preference.

Crazy! I wonder how you found out about it... I wasn't aware of watmm's back when it was joyrex.com, so it wasn't from that. Aside from acidplanet.com, I'm not sure where else you'd stumble upon my music. I did post a track called Disenchanted Melodies here maybe a year and a half ago. Is that one of the songs you have? I've since added some stuff to it and improved the mix. It's on the CD.

Glad you enjoyed the remix. Most of my more recent Zephyr Nova tracks have been more melodic, but I haven't been posting them anywhere. I've got two albums ready, but I'm waiting on two labels to go through with releasing the first one. It's been frustrating... So in the meantime I've been focussing more on my acoustic stuff.

I have not, but i'm listening to them on myspace now. Not bad, some nice chord changes. The singer sort of reminds me of the Deftones guy during his quieter moments. More bands should use Rhodes organs!

Cheers. :beer:

Th Eric Hogg songs that were posted we're form acidplanet, I remember that, they are "Serenity Sleeps", "Abyss" and "Tragic New Ideal" (which is more industrial/techno kinda thing than acoustic).

I know they were posted in the EKT section, but I can't remember when, they're in my 2001-2003 archive though so the latest it be from around then (I'm pretty sure closer to 2003). And it might have been someone else that posted them... but usually people don't post other peoples music in here so I dunno...

Interesting. I definitely didn't post any of those hear, so it could have well been someone else. And I don't think I had Tragic New Ideal posted on AP. I can't remember the name of the site where I did post it way back when. Those songs were all made around the same time period though, and it was a long time ago, probably around 2001. Tragic New Ideal and Abyss (at least the Abyss I'm thinking of) were both from my first electronic project, Interphase. That was before I'd even heard Aphex Twin. Serenity Sleeps was actually the first song I recorded for the Eric Hogg project (which was then called Solipsis). In fact, I think that's the first song I recorded on my own (aside from some low quality 4 track industrial recordings from waaaaaaay back... like grade 7 or 8). Did you by chance post at tweaker.net? I think I posted links to those songs there.

No I don't know Tweaker.net... it must have been someone else who posted it here. I've never gotten music from any other forum apart from this one, so I'm pretty sure it was either this or Joyrex.com. And yeah I might be getting mixed up about which site it was hosted, but it was one of the less popular ones like acidplanet... and I recall it having a greeny bluey colour scheme... I remember a lot of people compared Serenity Sleeps to Elliot Smith, that was the first time I heard of him (I still haven't really gotten into his music tho).

Heh, crazy! Well it's nice to know I had other people plugging me randomly on forums several years back. Elliott Smith's a fair comparison. I recently came to the conclusion that Figure 8 is my favorite album, at least as far as personal enjoyment goes. Every time I hear it I'm awestruck by the musicality and the emotions it evokes. Strangely it seems to be shunned by a lot of the Smith fanatics, i guess because it sounds too polished or too different from what he'd done previously.

For musical innovation + great songwriting, Beatles' Revolver is still where it's at.

Really digging the remix so now I'm having a try at remixing the original. This would be the first time I've ever remixed another song so wish me luck heh.

i enjoyed this and would like to have a go at remixing it

any chance you could post the remix files here? i don't want to sign up to acidplanet.com or enter the contest

Really digging the remix so now I'm having a try at remixing the original. This would be the first time I've ever remixed another song so wish me luck heh.

Good luck! :beer:

i enjoyed this and would like to have a go at remixing it

any chance you could post the remix files here? i don't want to sign up to acidplanet.com or enter the contest

I suppose I could upload to megaupload.com. Though I would like to encourage people here to enter the contest so I've got more good entries to judge. I've got the files on another computer, so perhaps if I'll upload it later on.

actually, it's more trouble for you so never mind. i'll just sign up...

Sweetness.

good pop glitch remix :-)

Thanks!

I love everything you end up doing...you just perfect everything to a point that it always sounds good.

And for that matter, I may try out remixing this track.

I hope you do! :beer:

(an aside for those who do end up taking a stab at it: be wary of the vocal syncing --those seem to be throwing most remixers off. If it sounds out of sync, it most certainly is! I know this should be a given... but believe me it isn't.)

Archived