IGNORED

Koushik - Out my window

zero

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Anyone heard this?

koushiktellmewhatusee.jpg

Koushik was commissioned to make a soundtrack inspired by film noir using samples pulled from Stones Throw & Now-Again. Here’s the album:

1. Semi-Conscious (2:08)

2. Brasil Beat 6 (1:11)

3. Brasil Beat 3 (1:58)

4. Wutucint (1:00)

5. Groove Awhile (3:50)

6. Galtraka (2:34)

7. Bubba Beat (2:22)

8. Grooveinwitu (2:13)

9. Heavinterlude (1:18)

10. Luti (1:48)

11. BGZ (3:25)

12. Jasshop (3:10)

13. BGS2 (1:25)

14. See The Sunlite (1:18)

15. Brasil Beat 4 (2:23)

16. 16 – Chocostar2 (3:23)

17. Chocostar2 (2:06)

18. Starkmachext (2:06)

19. Garyforever2 (3:09)

20. Basil Beat 5 (6:59)

21. KG vs The Human Tornado (random acts 1-5) (2:50)

22. Savmachint (0:40)

23. Jazz Shop 2 B (2:53)

24. GT Beat (1:03)

25. Savior-Flair (1:24)

26. Pterydactyl Beat (1:12)

27. Then The Whole (0:59)

28. Boykinbeat (0:36)

29. Jazz Shop (1:26)

F'n A, for the longest time my only complaint with koushik was that he released too little material. Now suddenly he's dropping like 5 projects at once! Has anyone heard any of these yet? They're all on bleep but cd/vinyl only.

Rhythm Trax Vol. 5

The always worth it Rhythm Trax series from Stones Throw here gets driven by psych-hop producer Koushik, and its beautiful. Koushik Ghosh drops into our ear-holes fourteen cuts of balmy 90bpm soul driven hip-hop-strumentals: a raw funk sample stabs here, the tightest snare boom-baps there, a indian stringed instrument bows through breaks, you get the picture. Overall Koushik plays it heavier than his previous work, and it's all the funkier for it. Brilliant.

Mixobeats

Stones Throw's psychedelic warrior Koushik spins us through another beautiful mix of refracted hip-hop, hazy soul, low-slung funk and stoner blues. In this two-cd treat Koushik gets through 80 beats in an hour on the one disc, while CD2 drops us off on a 50 minute treat of his favourite remix projects for the likes of Four Tet, Beastie Boys, Percee P, J-Rocc and others.

Bright Moments

Stones Throw hero Koushik Gosh dropped this fine mix for the good people of Japan three years ago, now repackaged and drawn together on a lo-fi tip for the western world. A seamless segue through the inspirons that have crafted the Koushik sonic plate what you get is misty-eyed funk and soul, high-grade hip-hop, left centre Sun Ra and hazy psychedelia. Recommended...

Also takeshi/beat, how does one acquire the above soundtrack? I've downloaded stuff from rappcats before, and it looks like there should be a download link there, but no dice

Guest beatfanatic

F'n A, for the longest time my only complaint with koushik was that he released too little material. Now suddenly he's dropping like 5 projects at once! Has anyone heard any of these yet? They're all on bleep but cd/vinyl only.

Rhythm Trax Vol. 5

The always worth it Rhythm Trax series from Stones Throw here gets driven by psych-hop producer Koushik, and its beautiful. Koushik Ghosh drops into our ear-holes fourteen cuts of balmy 90bpm soul driven hip-hop-strumentals: a raw funk sample stabs here, the tightest snare boom-baps there, a indian stringed instrument bows through breaks, you get the picture. Overall Koushik plays it heavier than his previous work, and it's all the funkier for it. Brilliant.

Mixobeats

Stones Throw's psychedelic warrior Koushik spins us through another beautiful mix of refracted hip-hop, hazy soul, low-slung funk and stoner blues. In this two-cd treat Koushik gets through 80 beats in an hour on the one disc, while CD2 drops us off on a 50 minute treat of his favourite remix projects for the likes of Four Tet, Beastie Boys, Percee P, J-Rocc and others.

Bright Moments

Stones Throw hero Koushik Gosh dropped this fine mix for the good people of Japan three years ago, now repackaged and drawn together on a lo-fi tip for the western world. A seamless segue through the inspirons that have crafted the Koushik sonic plate what you get is misty-eyed funk and soul, high-grade hip-hop, left centre Sun Ra and hazy psychedelia. Recommended...

Also takeshi/beat, how does one acquire the above soundtrack? I've downloaded stuff from rappcats before, and it looks like there should be a download link there, but no dice

I have listened to that Bright Moments mix. Its doesnt have any original material but its a really good mix of old school funk and RnB tracks.

You can grab the "tell me what you see" from this blog - http://steadyb.blogspot.com/2009/06/koushik-tell-me-what-you-see.html

I always think that Stones Throw doesnt promote Koushik enough. He is one of the most consistent artists in their catalogue but most of the people dont even know when his projects are coming out.

I have listened to that Bright Moments mix. Its doesnt have any original material but its a really good mix of old school funk and RnB tracks.

You can grab the "tell me what you see" from this blog - http://steadyb.blogspot.com/2009/06/koushik-tell-me-what-you-see.html

I always think that Stones Throw doesnt promote Koushik enough. He is one of the most consistent artists in their catalogue but most of the people dont even know when his projects are coming out.

Thanks mate, much appreciated! The download link wouldn't work at first but eventually it gave up the goods. And yeah, despite 2 great releases on stones throw it seems like Koushik is somehow still underrated; As much as I enjoy bibio's ambivalence avenue, Out my window is just as good of a low-fi summer soundtrack to breeze to

I agree completely.

Archived