IGNORED

Tim Hecker - An Imaginary Country

Tauhid

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest philia

great! hope it's as good as harmony in ultraviolet.

the collab with aidan baker was pretty nice, check it out if you havent.

Yeah it's great, though the last track doesn't really grab me.

• 2 months later...

tracklist and artwork:

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:kvfyxz8kldte

(do the "samples" happen to work for anyone?)

from amazon.com:

An Imaginary Country continues from the trajectory of his last album, the critically acclaimed Harmony in Ultraviolet, while also showing a few new tricks. Tim has incorporated more pulses into this work and also works with a sound pallete including overdriven mellotron strings and synthesizer. At times this album is less overtly aggressive than previous works, but the notion that this is pastoral work would be dead wrong as there are plenty of the agitated crescendos that he is know for. This music backs off from the void of immensity in favor of a terrain of lushness and warmth.

Guest Hanratty

Yeah it's great, though the last track doesn't really grab me.

the last track does grab me.

everytime i hear aidan baker/nadja i think it's pretty corny. Hecker must have told him what to do on their album.

Guest Enter a new display name

What do you think of the album, for those who managed to PM me or download it somewhere else? I really dig An Imaginary Country, even though it does not sound as solid as Harmony In Ultraviolet. A lot of songs sound alike, too. This is the album of the year so far, lol.

Guest Hanratty
What do you think of the album, for those who managed to PM me or download it somewhere else? I really dig An Imaginary Country, even though it does not sound as solid as Harmony In Ultraviolet. A lot of songs sound alike, too. This is the album of the year so far, lol.

my one quick quick not fully attentive listen says that it is rather boring. HOWEVER, I have said that about many albums in the past that revealed themselves over repeated listens. too soon to form an opinion for me.

Guest beatfanatic
tim hecker can take a two hour long shit on me any day of the week

then buy two of his albums and listen to them back to back

zing

Guest moo duck

i think this is very very beautiful. a step forward from granular technics, away from background drawings towards the very point

The biggest resolution I could find for the cover art was this:

TimHeckerImaginaryCountry.jpg

What do you guys think? Must be the first time it is not a photo by Tim Hecker. I bet he painted this, though.

tim hecker can take a two hour long shit on me any day of the week

then buy two of his albums and listen to them back to back

Hilarious.

• 2 months later...
this album is pretty weak compared to his others. probably his worst after mirages.

Haha, yeah. Mirages was awful. After a few listens, I conclude that An Imaginary Country is also weak.

Guest telikan

I like all of his stuff pre-Kranky pretty much the same, with Radio Amor taking a slight edge. I don't get the Mirages hate. Really nice bass frequencies on there that aren't as present on the others.

Guest zaphod

i don't think any of his albums are bad, per se, but he set an extremely high standard with haunt me and radio amor, and then harmony in ultraviolet is basically perfect. the van halen album isn't very good either, actually.

anyone here listen to jetone?

Archived