IGNORED

Reroute MIDI messages VST?

Guest sero_13

Guest sero_13

I want to map the pads on my drum machine to the corresponding keys on Impulse in Ableton Live. Is there any sort of plugin that would allow me to reroute the midi messages?

I tried to search kvr but either im a retard or there is not such a thing.

Any one heard of anything similar?

Guest sero_13
Can't you just use Ableton's easy and excellent MIDI learn feature?

Unless im misunderstanding the full potential of the midi learn in Ableton (with i too think is easy and excellent) i don't think i can reroute the drum machine pads to those of impulse, only things like triggering clips etc. Impulse kick drum is triggered by C3 and my drum machine kick is C1. What im looking for is a plugin thats sits between the drum machine and impulse that just changes C1 to C3. Is this possible?

I can do it if i use the bass synth on my DR-202 and set it 4 octaves up but i was just curious if there was another way, as this way i have bass sounds coming out all the time.

Cheers for your help though fellas!

Guest sero_13
can't you re-define the midi note that the drum machine sends internally for each pad?

what drum machine is it?

I have a Boss DR-202.

Im not sure if i can change the midi note on it though. This would definately be a better option.

maybe there is something useful: http://asseca-pt.net/nicfit/index.html

That is very useful :beer:

The Note 2 CC converter is exactly what i was looking for.

edit

I think i got carries away there because i dont know if this is what i need. Should it be in CC? I dont know but i'll find out

unedit

And there are loads of plugins on that page so maybe this should go in the plugins list? Wicked find cheers!

But if anyone knows a way of rerouting midi notes on my drum machine, i'd be much obliged!

Guest we_kill_soapscum

im 99 percent sure 202s cant be remapped

& watch out for the delay between patterns. i usually just start and stop recording when i change patterns.

but then again i'm a hardwaremultitracker icantprogramdsporanything guy

Guest sero_13
what you need, my friend, is this great MIDI Translator. You can change anything to anything. Sysex is a bit limited though.

it's free, unless you really want to give him money.

Ive finally gotten round to trying this one out and its brilliant. It does say that after a reasonable amount of time i'll have to pay, but does that just mean the startup 20 second wait?

Its a wicked program anyway, so i might buy it anyway! Cheers chloroplast - you're a diamond!

im 99 percent sure 202s cant be remapped

& watch out for the delay between patterns. i usually just start and stop recording when i change patterns.

but then again i'm a hardwaremultitracker icantprogramdsporanything guy

I tend to just control it through MIDI in Ableton so i don't really use patterns, unless im on the train messing around, but I have noticed the delay. Its a bit of a bastard.

Have you tried out the DR202 kit patcher? I haven't really gotten my head round it yet but it looks like it could be pretty useful.

what you need, my friend, is this great MIDI Translator. You can change anything to anything. Sysex is a bit limited though.

it's free, unless you really want to give him money.

Ive finally gotten round to trying this one out and its brilliant. It does say that after a reasonable amount of time i'll have to pay, but does that just mean the startup 20 second wait?

Its a wicked program anyway, so i might buy it anyway! Cheers chloroplast - you're a diamond!

On the old version I had, there was no 20 sec start up or anything at all, it just ran. Looks like this new version has that 'feature' though, the 20 second startup thing. The dude who makes it is pretty cool. If you've got some extra cash you can even ask him to implement something specifically for you.

Guest sero_13

Is there anyway you could send me the older version at all? :fear:

I know its a bit tight of me, but im a poor student and i only need it to translate midi and wouldn't use the keystroke function, thus shelling out £20 which could fund a certain Class C drug habit of mine :laughing:

Is there anyway you could send me the older version at all? :fear:

I know its a bit tight of me, but im a poor student and i only need it to translate midi and wouldn't use the keystroke function, thus shelling out £20 which could fund a certain Class C drug habit of mine :laughing:

lol... I'll see if I still have it somewhere. I'm up at school right now too, so I'll check when I get home.

"I get high with a little help from my friends... "

Guest sero_13

I tried the nicfit plugins, but they seem to be vstis, and as such, i cant use them in between the DR and Impulse. They would be ideal, as Bome is stand alone and would prefer a plugin cos im fussy :laughing:

Bome seems to be doing a job at the moment so i cant complain! If anyone knows of any other options that would be great - im always in the market for plugs!

Archived