IGNORED

lost season 5

jedy

i'm sure i should know this but who does the (amy/horace) baby grow up to be?

Probably someone who was onboard the Oceanic 815 who turns out to have grown up on the island! OMFG! IT'S JACKx0rs!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest catsonearth
I hope Kurt Russel shows up to help them get through the Stargate.

LOL! i was about to say the same thing!

overall that was a pretty lame episode and i agree with everything andy said about the whole sawyer/kate thing and the ending where they were all perfectly spaced next to each other outside the van...so stupid, but it was cool to see the statue (for a split second...wow, thanks, guys, you shouldn't have). i'm down with the whole egyptian mythology thing, but uhhh, kinda seems tacked on, yea? the egyptian angle hasn't been there from the start, has it? as far as i know, they just started showing those temples with the hieroglyphics on them this season, right? i mean, ben went into the secret passage that had some glyphs on it at the end of last season, but was this present back in season 1, 2 or 3?

i guess it just pisses me off because now it's starting to tread dangerously close to a novel i've been working on for the past 4-5 years. when the show started, the only connection was that they were both set on an island that is kinda hidden from the rest of the world, but now that they're throwing in time travel (not a huge part of my story, but it is there), wormholes/portals and the ancient civilizations with high technology/magic it's like...ok, i wish you guys would have shown some hint that this was where shit was going several years ago and maybe i would have done my shit differently. i mean, the stories are completely different and the style is not at all similar, so i'm not too worried about it, but now i'm going to have to deal with people saying "oh, you mean like on lost?" when i start describing the basic premise to them and that's not exactly the kind of comparison i'm looking for. fuckin' bastards.

and really, the whole not showing people on camera for a few seconds to build suspense thing is getting really fucking overused on this show. how many times can it happen in one season? in one episode? the sawyer one was one of the worst of the batch so far. he's got such a distinct voice that there's no mystery. as soon as he says one word you know it's sawyer, so what's the point of doing the mysterious reveal? i just don't get that.

another thing i don't get - why the hell is sawyer only interested in some pussy if jack has already had his cock poking around in it? is he gay for jack? is it his way of one-upping him? out of all the bitches on the island he shacks up with juliet? even with reiko aylesworth standing right there with a recently deceased husband? seriously? isn't that the best time to run your con man game?

Guest catsonearth

how are you just now noticing that i make long ass posts? i've been posting large chunks of text here for almost 10 years now (sad, but true). how is it still surprising?

and why is everybody thrown off by the length of my posts? it's not like i'm dropping tons of huge complex words. they're pretty easy to read. i just don't see the point in posting if you aren't actually going to say anything.

Guest assegai
how are you just now noticing that i make long ass posts? i've been posting large chunks of text here for almost 10 years now (sad, but true). how is it still surprising?

and why is everybody thrown off by the length of my posts? it's not like i'm dropping tons of huge complex words. they're pretty easy to read. i just don't see the point in posting if you aren't actually going to say anything.

That's as far as I got.

i'm down with the whole egyptian mythology thing, but uhhh, kinda seems tacked on, yea? the egyptian angle hasn't been there from the start, has it? as far as i know, they just started showing those temples with the hieroglyphics on them this season, right? i mean, ben went into the secret passage that had some glyphs on it at the end of last season, but was this present back in season 1, 2 or 3?

ever since season 2 in the hatch

800px-FourToedFull.jpg

This was a pretty epic moment i thought.

seconded! a taste of things to come. even before i saw the episode, i saw the screengrab and started shitting bricks; my girlfriend had no idea why though. pft.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
i guess it just pisses me off because now it's starting to tread dangerously close to a novel i've been working on for the past 4-5 years. when the show started, the only connection was that they were both set on an island that is kinda hidden from the rest of the world, but now that they're throwing in time travel (not a huge part of my story, but it is there), wormholes/portals and the ancient civilizations with high technology/magic it's like...ok, i wish you guys would have shown some hint that this was where shit was going several years ago and maybe i would have done my shit differently. i mean, the stories are completely different and the style is not at all similar, so i'm not too worried about it, but now i'm going to have to deal with people saying "oh, you mean like on lost?" when i start describing the basic premise to them and that's not exactly the kind of comparison i'm looking for. fuckin' bastards.

oh yay coe lost fan fic coming to all good bookshops everywhere that books are sold soon

and really, the whole not showing people on camera for a few seconds to build suspense thing is getting really fucking overused on this show. how many times can it happen in one season? in one episode? the sawyer one was one of the worst of the batch so far. he's got such a distinct voice that there's no mystery. as soon as he says one word you know it's sawyer, so what's the point of doing the mysterious reveal? i just don't get that.

yeah worst one so far. normally they put on a slightly different voice. i remember a ben one where it sounded nothing like him but in this episode you knew it was going to be sawyer and then his voice confirmed i and thn th do their little reveal and the sort of people who phone 911 when mcdonalds run out of nuggets throw their hands in the air.

its so damn lazy. its almost like the writers are pissed they had to stretch it to 6 seasons and just arent trying

Guest catsonearth
ever since season 2 in the hatch

so the hatch is egyptian?

...yea, i'm not remembering anything egyptian about the hatch. the day-glo writing on the door (remember when the show was actually cool?) referenced some greek mythology, but i don't remember any egyptian.

EDIT: ah, i see, you meant the countdown clock thingy. i guess that counts, but i was thinking more about the ancient stuff that's just recently been popping up in the show. the temples and the thing in ben's house that are obviously super old, but no one seemed to encounter them until recently.

Guest awkwardsilence

Yeah, also remember that a couple of episodes after that was when we first saw the four toed statue. Way back in season 2, huh.

Something tells me ol' smokey is egyptian related too. All ancient mystical Tutankhamun's curse like.

Guest David R James

The writers just used randomwebsite.com and what came out was the Black Rock, Back to the future, Egyptian history, and the Bible.

Guest catsonearth

i think they probably just threw a bunch of shit out there in the beginning so they'd have a lot of options to figure it out later.

I thought I saw Sawyer, I mean Jim LaFleur's beard disappear in a couple of scenes, but now I think it was just the lighting and the camera angle.....

And I wonder which god that is a statue of, I am thinking Horus...b/c of the character Horace and the fact that he is the coolest Egyptian god next to Thoth....

I also thought I saw a boat and a shark in the background of the last scene....

frustrating episode but at least we saw the statue.....

and hopefully the shit will start moving forward instead of berating us with mystery which is what I think the show will continue to do until the last episode of the 12th season...

god, I hope not....

Guest David R James
and hopefully the shit will start moving forward instead of berating us

Ive hoped that every season

the end will be something Kaufmanesque like the whole thing being film adaptation of catsonearth novel or something. and coe's post on watmm will be included at some point.

Guest catsonearth
the end will be something Kaufmanesque like the whole thing being film adaptation of catsonearth novel or something. and coe's post on watmm will be included at some point.

this whole forum is a part of the lost alternate reality game.

joyrex is jacob.

the god in the statue is weed.

i agree that for some reason sawyer loves to try and gobble up jack's sloppy seconds.

was the baby born supposed to be ben? wasn't he the only baby born on the island that stayed alive?

Archived