• jupiter
    • saturn
    • neptune
    • uranus
    • pluto

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we used to play this drinking game called asshole and if you were president you could make any rule you wanted to and i always made the rule up that there was a tiny man on your beer and every time you took a sip you had to take him off and set him on the table and then put him back on when you were done or else you would drink him and if you drank your tiny little man you had to finish your beer

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are wrong. in its/it's situations, the apostrophe is used as a contraction for "is".

obviously i understand that "it's" is a contraction of "it is"

but apostrophes are also used to denote ownership/possession ie: Fred's awesome penis and/or LUDD's gaping rectum

but this makes no sense whatsoever.... "i voted for jupiter because of it is cool moons"

in this usage, "it" is referring to "jupiter" and denotes jupiter's possession of moons therefore an apostrophe is apropriate no?

LUDD, you just have to accept that, in the case of the word it, an apostrophe is never used in the possessive form. Never, no exceptions. It's just way it's got to be. But if It doesn't worry its little head about it, neither should you.

Jupiters'

Its

Jupiter's

no, man, that's just not the way english is. 'it' is a pronoun and pronoun possessives just need a little s tacked on to them like theres and hers and ours etc

theirs

LUDD, you just have to accept that, in the case of the word it, an apostrophe is never used in the possessive form. Never, no exceptions. It's just way it's got to be. But if It doesn't worry its little head about it, neither should you.

but i do

I DO

Definitely Uranus

- Axis of rotation tilted 98° relative to plane of revolution around Sun

- Due to tilt, seasons are 42 years of continuous sunlight, followed by 42 years of darkness

- Coldest planetary atmosphere in solar system (−224 °C)

- Wind speeds up to 560 mph

- 13 badass rings

- At least 27 moons

- lols

Definitely Uranus

- Axis of rotation tilted 98° relative to plane of revolution around Sun

- Due to tilt, seasons are 42 years of continuous sunlight, followed by 42 years of darkness

- Coldest planetary atmosphere in solar system (−224 °C)

- Wind speeds up to 560 mph

- 13 badass rings

- At least 27 moons

- lols

damn i kinda wanna change my vote to uranus now

Archived