IGNORED

london

Guest v/v

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's your budget and whereabouts in london do you want to eat? like central, south west or whatever...

about £20/25 a head, anywhere northwest (where i live) or southwest (where she lives) or central or east and maybe west

edit: and does good vegetarian

you should manage to see a lot in ten days

everything everyone's said with a few exceptions, don't go to peckham- youre not visiting london to see its scummy underbelly i'm sure.

Camden and that is good fun on a first visit, yeah it gets very tiresome after a while but if it's your first time in london it's worth a look.

Borough Market, as i think someone said, is excellent.

Few to add: Gordon's Wine bar between embankment and charing cross tubes is a bit of a london institution. Go early if you want a seat though, before the city workers get off. The royal academy on piccadilly is good. If you fancy walking then get yourself up to hampstead heath, beautiful in an rugged unmanicured way, as is usual with london's parks, plus you can get a great view of the whole city... and maybe even george michael. And if you're shopping you should nip into fortnum and mason, not far from the ritz (get off at piccadilly circus or green park), if you're not minted you won't be able to afford anything but a nice browse nonetheless.

btw, i was in london for three days and hated it . me and my brother got kicked out of a fish and chips place for being tourists. fuck you london

Just got back from London. Check out Leak Street below the Waterloo station. Some fantastic graffiti there.

Most of this was part of a Banksy exhibition that happened a while back - was wicked while it was on as it was all being painted live while visitors wandered about.

For the best good value Thai food in London, try Busaba Eathai. There's 3 of them I think, owned by Alan Yau who is a bit of an institution. The one by Selfridges and on Wardour Street are both excellent and less than £20 a head. If you're happy to spend a little more then Isarn in Angel is also amazing at about £35 a head.

For dim sum, head to a Royal China - the dim sum there is fantastic and will set you back £15 with tea at lunchtime.

For Viatnemese, Kingsland Road in Dalston is the place to go.

For Tapas, try Brindisa on Borough market - you can't book but it's amazing. For burgers, try Dollar Grillz and Martinis on Exmouth Market, Islington - best burgers and cocktails in town. For cheap Italian, Strada is by far the best of the chains. Ristorante Semplice is great if you want to spend more (£60 a head).

I could go on...shit, I should write a book. I eat out so much.

P.s. get the Timeout London bars and restaurant guide - it's been my eating bible for over a year now and has never failed me once.

excellent, the last two sound great, thanks alot! you ever been to that fish & chip place near covent garden?

excellent, the last two sound great, thanks alot! you ever been to that fish & chip place near covent garden?

no problem, that Chowki place is wicked yeah... don't think I've been to a fish and chip shop in Covent Garden...do you know what it's called?

no problem, that Chowki place is wicked yeah... don't think I've been to a fish and chip shop in Covent Garden...do you know what it's called?

i do not, BUT, you know where size is theres that road going across? go down it away from size and walk to the end of the road, on your right should be a tiny japanese place then on your left is where the place will be, the chips are too die for.

for the person coming to london:

also if you walk up the road toward 7 dials theres a good braslian cafe along the way just before the corner.

then if you carry walking down the road with the mini market there are some good 2nd hand clothes shops and a good book shop called magma which also on the same road has a second shop full of novelty stuff.

Archived