IGNORED

Phthalo Records

Guest No Pomo

What's not to like?

8FM - good.

DNTEL - good

Terminal 11 - good

I don't think it's "high art"...a lot of it is much more accesible than AE or even some of Squarepusher's output.

What's not to like?

8FM - good.

DNTEL - good

Terminal 11 - good

I don't think it's "high art"...a lot of it is much more accesible than AE or even some of Squarepusher's output.

a lot of it is but a lot of is a lot more difficult than either of those mentioned, but this does not make it 'high art' thats just a term for chin scratchers to feel self important

What's not to like?

8FM - good.

DNTEL - good

Terminal 11 - good

a lot of it is but a lot of is a lot more difficult than either of those mentioned, but this does not make it 'high art' thats just a term for chin scratchers to feel self important

troof

Well I don't consider most music in general high art.

then why did you feel the need to mention that in your original post?

Guest Glass Plate

I said some one else said that. Not to mention I said high art thinking, not high art. Also, they're just taking the ideas of that and using them now. That doesn't mean it's high art. That'd be like making a devo band now in 2009 and calling it influential.

i know where Glass plate was coming from, at first when i heard Pthalo i was taken back by the bizarre mixture of breakcore ish music and academic experimental leaning stuff

and exciting to hear about the new releases, should check their site more often!

Guest Glass Plate

by that, it means they're looking at the way they looked at electronics for making music, in the fact there is infinite possibilities, rather than just remaking a bach piece in square wave form.

the terms are just terms invented by other people, alot of a-holes on here take it way too seriously when someone says eye'd E am when the people using it most of the time arent taking themselves seriously, just repeating a genre name that most other people use

semantic arguments are boring, lets talk about Phthalo some more :)

Where's the captain obvious picture when you need it.

Sorry, was just being an argumentative prick there for a couple of minutes.

Bad habit.

Yes. More Phthalo talk.

I got a coupon for 3 months of free downloads in late 2007 from my phone provider. The Dntel album Dumb Luck was offered up as part of the company's catalogue. I thought that was pretty funny. I grabbed it though. It was weird cause 90% of the selection was Korean pop/adult contemporary, but then they had this really random "foreign music" section.

oh and Phthalocyanine's "No One Said you Didn't" was one of the best albums out on Mu that year (was that 05?)

Guest Glass Plate

I just think it's pretty crazy how Daedelus, Vladisav and many other great artists sprung from this label yet it's still known by so few.

oh and Phthalocyanine's "No One Said you Didn't" was one of the best albums out on Mu that year (was that 05?)

indeed it was .. one of the best that is .. and 05 too

I just think it's pretty crazy how Daedelus, Vladisav and many other great artists sprung from this label yet it's still known by so few.

no shit? i knew of daedelus but not vladislav delay.

i have to check out that Phthalocyanine LP, alot of people have told me i sound like him but i haven't really noticed the similarity (yet.... because ive heard so little)

Guest telikan

The Sistol disc was a one off V. Delay alias. It sounds a lot like he took the percussive elements of stuff like the Conoco and Helsinki/Suomi 12"s, tightened 'em up and took it out of context of the usual wishywashy background. Really wayyyy deeper than that sounds though.

Phthalocyanine makes brilliant music and I am sure I have heard some of his label's output but can't think of any that comes to mind except his own work....

Always felt a connection between his music and the way mine sounds....(he is a much better producer than I, so I am not saying I am as good as he is)

Talked to him a bit through email and he did like some of my music(The Pink Rabbit ep), always felt it was a highlight of my music endeavors....

will always support this fellow.....

new phthalocyanine!!! yeah

EDIT: wait, you mean mike as in terminal 11 mike? I love terminal 11

Yes Mike is a good friend of mine in real life. Hilarious guy, so much passion!

Archived