IGNORED

Phthalo Records

Guest No Pomo

Guest Glass Plate

Recently I've become obsessed with this label. It was described in one review as a merger between High Art thinking of electronics such as Xenakis and Stockhausen, and the more popular evolution of modern elctroncs (Kraftwerk > techno/acid/rave)

Who all on here has listened to much Phthalo? I just feel like some times it can have some very good IDM moments going on in it.

Recently I've become obsessed with this label. It was described in one review as a merger between High Art thinking of electronics such as Xenakis and Stockhausen, and the more popular evolution of modern elctroncs (Kraftwerk > techno/acid/rave)

Who all on here has listened to much Phthalo? I just feel like some times it can have some very good IDM moments going on in it.

i love them, i spent the last 3 years collecting mostly everything they've ever released. they've had a big influence over record label records

Guest narkeworld
Yeah I love this label! Was totally obsessed with it for a while. 'Transfer' by Jason Potratz is fucking incredible!

That's my album. :beer:

i've met a few of them when i used to play the gigs they did as well. i remember a house party in L.A. where most of the lineup was there. they were cool, the scenesters that were at the house party was a different story.

Guest narkeworld
i've met a few of them when i used to play the gigs they did as well. i remember a house party in L.A. where most of the lineup was there. they were cool, the scenesters that were at the house party was a different story.

Yeah, I played a couple Phthalo shows as well when I lived in L.A. + one where I paid to fly out (Phthalocyanine asked me to dj) and dj at a Phthalo show, I got to play Leo Anibaldi and Drop Bass Records records really, really loud, it was great. And yes the the Phthalo crew are all nice guys.:)

Yeah I love this label! Was totally obsessed with it for a while. 'Transfer' by Jason Potratz is fucking incredible!

your album as in you made the album?

Guest narkeworld

your album as in you made the album?

Yeah, I made that album. Serious.

I don't know what's going on.

Any cliffs for | |) |\/| noobs like me?

yes

some of my favorites -

Terminal 11 - Additions to Arsenal

R-838773-1218314279.jpeg

Blectum from Blechdome - Fishing in front of people

R-100523-1212259258.jpeg

Spleen - Spleen

R-186248-001.jpg

Libythth - Upsidedown Helicopter

R-1409894-1217273794.gif

is the label still active ? does anybody know?

why do all my image links show up as question marks?

Guest Glass Plate

yes phthalo is still going. New stuff still coming out, check the site there's a few pretty recent things on there, and more to come.

Yeah I spoke to Mike about this yesterday. He said that Dimitri just got back from a crazy tour but things are still rolling along.

He said there was some new Phthalocyanine and dntel soon... shhh

Archived