IGNORED

These guys are my heroes

Velazquez

ferrari_275gtb_1965.jpg

031208-2056-driverprofi1.jpg

On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris . The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine , through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up several one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago.

C'etait un Rendezvous a film by Claude lelouch

I love when the dude drives up the curb to avoid the garbage trucks.

Guerilla filmmaking at its finest... and yes Tauboo it is fucking well lush.

I'd imagine they might have to dub the audio in... but hopefully they used a Ferrari at least.

Guest Al Hounos

i remember my dad showing me that on VHS way back before the internet. it still sums up everything i wish i could be. F1 driver, ferrari, paris... as babar said, so romantic.

i remember my dad showing me that on VHS way back before the internet. it still sums up everything i wish i could be. F1 driver, ferrari, paris... as babar said, so romantic.

word I wish, I could drive an F1 car at Spa Francochamps or through the streets of Monte Carlo.

Guest abusivegeorge
Cool as. Did Clarkson tell me that the engine noise comes from another make of car, or did I dream it.

Don't listen to a lot of what Clarkson says, but yes that GTB is running an Alfa V8, Ferrari used that block for years in their race cars, and to some extent still use principals and parts from it today. Alfa still use exactly the same block and have done for over 60 years now, sounds sweeet as fuck.

Fuck you in your arse chax

no really, i don't understand the appeal of cars, explain it to me.

in college i had to deal with these stupid ricers all the time, with the lights and other bs, i just don't get it

Guest abusivegeorge
Fuck you in your arse chax

no really, i don't understand the appeal of cars, explain it to me.

in college i had to deal with these stupid ricers all the time, with the lights and other bs, i just don't get it

Thats not cars, thats dickhead chavs.

Guest Dirty Protest
who the hell cares about cars? that video is just a bunch of boring driving...

Its not the video or the dicks in cars fault you have no imagination.

who the hell cares about cars? that video is just a bunch of boring driving...

any credibility you may have gained after a thorough rule reading and a watmm apprenticeship has been nullified by this post.

with you on this one Velazquez - mate has this on DVD (it may still be in my possession come to think of it) and has been given a good blast on the 42" on many a late night session. The classic sound of the Ferrari V12 is motor music.

with you on this one Velazquez - mate has this on DVD (it may still be in my possession come to think of it) and has been given a good blast on the 42" on many a late night session. The classic sound of the Ferrari V12 is motor music.

I'll have to look for it on dvd. I've watched this 3 times today ... gotta get back to Paris, Gotta get me a ferrari....

Archived