IGNORED

Dear Joyrex,

Guest blicero

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also being able embed more video than youtube/googlevideo, as stated in the previous watmm updates thread.

You can embed the Bleep player, as well as DailyMotion. If there was a demand for other players, I can add them. It's pretty easy to do those.

if such a thing does not exist for the IP Board... I'd be happy to make you one. It should be simple enough to modify the 1pixelout WP player to work on WATMM.

I put this on my 'to do' list and honestly forgot all about it! You're all absolutely right, we do need a MP3 player that will play content uploaded to the forum. The problem is (I gave this some thought at the time the discussion originally came up) is with telling the player AFTER the content is uploaded into the thread what ID or URL string parameter to use to play the uploaded track(s) (and the issue of multiple tracks). It has to be simple enough that anyone can just plug in an ID number (although some people still mess up the YouTube player from time to time) so their uploaded tracks can be played in the thread. Additionally, how to pass the ID3 tag info, etc. and then it gets a bit more complicated.

If you'd like to give it a stab, Blicero, just let me know what you need from me to make it happen. I'd prefer it not to be too invasive on the templates, so we can upgrade easily. I was trying figure out how to do it via BB code, so it would be as simple as doing [mp3]{some attachment ID}[/mp3]. Perhaps after I finish this freelance work I'll give it a stab myself.

It'd be great if it could play non-attached files as well, so I could put [music]www.mygaywebsite.com/faggot.mp3[/music] and have it work, since I never really use the attachments. I'd imagine that's actually easier to code.

Guest abusivegeorge

Fuckin lol at you lot, and I don't mean that in shitty look at you, your all fags way, I mean it in a watmm got its knickers in a twist again way.

I really do think a food subforum is a necessity.

Guest blicero
I put this on my 'to do' list and honestly forgot all about it! You're all absolutely right, we do need a MP3 player that will play content uploaded to the forum. The problem is (I gave this some thought at the time the discussion originally came up) is with telling the player AFTER the content is uploaded into the thread what ID or URL string parameter to use to play the uploaded track(s) (and the issue of multiple tracks). It has to be simple enough that anyone can just plug in an ID number (although some people still mess up the YouTube player from time to time) so their uploaded tracks can be played in the thread. Additionally, how to pass the ID3 tag info, etc. and then it gets a bit more complicated.

If you'd like to give it a stab, Blicero, just let me know what you need from me to make it happen. I'd prefer it not to be too invasive on the templates, so we can upgrade easily. I was trying figure out how to do it via BB code, so it would be as simple as doing [mp3]{some attachment ID}[/mp3]. Perhaps after I finish this freelance work I'll give it a stab myself.

well, i was initially just talking about a JS script that would scan posts onload and swap out any URL for an mp3 (http://.........../filename.mp3) with an inline flash audio player.

but i do agree that a player for uploaded files would be nice as well. I think that this JS/Flash player could be adapted to swap out attached/uploaded audio files as well. I'll do some testing and if I get something together i'll send it your way.

Archived