1. 1. what do you have?

• nintendo wii
    • playstation 3
    • xbox 360
    • fast gaming pc
    • nintendo ds
    • sony psp
    • none of these

Definately Ps3. It has everything you need from a console. I got one for free with a phone contract which I wanted anyway and haven't looked back

Guest assegai

Bottom unbiased line:

PS3:

- $399

- Blu-Ray

- Built-in Wireless

- Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Resistance Fall of Man (worthwhile exclusives)

360:

- $299

- Largest Game Library

- Best Multiplayer Online Experience

- REZ HD, IKARUGA HD, Katamari, Halo, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden, Braid, Bioshock (worthwhile exclusives)

i have a nes (which i cant play on my hd tv >:( ),psp, original gameboy, commodore 64, atari (joystick), xbox 1, ps2 and a xbox360

i like the 360 the most obviously, though i sold more then half of my games on saturday because i play only 3 games now-a-days im sick of FPS's because cod4 is the daddy of them all. and sadly the xbox has too many FPS

game prices are cheap if you can wait a while after they come out like Street Fighter 6 was £26 in ASDA (WAL*MART) and £44 in HMV

i currantly want to get dead rising quite alot, but sadly i cant afford to buy video games, and there is no-where around here that rents games, so now im caining the demo quite alot instead.

What, your HDTV doesn't have any composite video inputs (the old red-white-yellow leads)? The NES came with a RF hookup, but also included composite video output (just yellow and white) on the side...

PS3 is a better machine (doesn't break)

PS3 has free online

PS3 is quiet

PS3 has a shitty controller

PS3 has better DRM for downloadable games

360 has better games

360 has a better controller

360 has better online service

360 online costs money

360 sounds like a jet engine

360 will die at some point after 6 months

Wii lol

That being said, I had all 3 and sold them last year because I wasn't getting anything done, and 90% of games now are GRITTY RAWR MACHO BROWN SHOOTAN GAME YEH KICKASS BLOOD N GUTS!!!! Right now I'll play the occasional indie game from Steam, but mostly just rock the Genesis emulator and hop into Ryzom occasionally while it's still free.

You're missing out on games like Flower and Nobi Nobi Boy, etc. There are lots of non-shooter games that are wonderful and innovative.

Bottom unbiased line:

PS3:

- $399

- Blu-Ray

- Built-in Wireless

- Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Resistance Fall of Man (worthwhile exclusives)

360:

- $299

- Largest Game Library

- Best Multiplayer Online Experience

- REZ HD, IKARUGA HD, Katamari, Halo, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden, Braid, Bioshock (worthwhile exclusives)

Bioshock and Ninja Gaiden (1) are not exclusives anymore. Braid is coming to PSN this summer, and hopefully now that the Katamari guy has made a PSN exclusive game, a new, real, Katamari will come out for PSN. I played the 360 one and it was a bit meh compared to the previous two Katamari games - no real changes, and I feel they didn't take advantage of the HD enough.

You also fail to mention that the PS3's online is free, whereas you pay 50.00 a year (on top of game costs) for online play for 360. Add in if you want wireless gaming, that's another 100.00, and you're looking at a console that costs you 450.00 just to get started.

I have an X360. Because it's cheaper, the games look the same anyway and I prefer the 360 controller.

I used to be PC gaming only. But running new games on mid-range hardware is almost impossible these days.

ps3 and psp

i always wanted to have snes/gameboy when i was younger, but my parents wouldnt let me...so take that nintendo (..-.-)

anyway i bought the ps3 version with the ps2-feature to make up all those games for the ps2 I missed. :)

Aaand Little Big Planet is fun.

Joyrex, PS3's version of Ninja Gaiden Black (aka Sigma) is borked. They messed up the pacing with the Rachel missions every 2 levels that use an entirely different moveset. Not to mention the PS Triple sticks are much harder to play such a precision game on than the 360 ones. You're better off downloading Black off originals and having it on your hard drive. It's a slightly lower resolution, but overall the best NG game there is.

That being said, I'm pretty sure he was talking about NG2, which would be the best NG game if the camera wasn't royally fucked.

Joyrex, PS3's version of Ninja Gaiden Black (aka Sigma) is borked. They messed up the pacing with the Rachel missions every 2 levels that use an entirely different moveset. Not to mention the PS Triple sticks are much harder to play such a precision game on than the 360 ones. You're better off downloading Black off originals and having it on your hard drive. It's a slightly lower resolution, but overall the best NG game there is.

That being said, I'm pretty sure he was talking about NG2, which would be the best NG game if the camera wasn't royally fucked.

"PS triple sticks" WTF?

You mean the dual analogue sticks, plus the digital d-pad? I'd hardly count the d-pad as a "stick". I'd also disagree with it being "harder to play", but that's really more of an opinion than a quantifiable fact.

This whole "360 controller is better than the PS controller" stuff is silly, and here's why:

The PS controller layout is the most-emulated controller layout ever, even surpassing the classic NES pad design (which introduced the concept of a d-pad as input versus joystick, although Intellivision's "dial" style input did predate it). Even Sony themselves couldn't improve on the design much, thus keeping the controller consistent with all it's previous iterations rather than change it for the sake of changing it (remember the prototype "boomerang" PS3 controller, which was a terrible concept).

Also, I own NGS and I can say, I had no problems with the changeup for the Rachel missions (found those to be a breast breath of fresh air, nor any imprecision in the controls. The camera was a bit odd at times, having to "recenter" it by pressing in the right analogue stick, but other than that, I was able to maneuver quite easily.

This whole "360 controller is better than the PS controller" stuff is silly, and here's why:

The PS controller layout is the most-emulated controller layout ever, even surpassing the classic NES pad design (which introduced the concept of a d-pad as input versus joystick, although Intellivision's "dial" style input did predate it). Even Sony themselves couldn't improve on the design much, thus keeping the controller consistent with all it's previous iterations rather than change it for the sake of changing it (remember the prototype "boomerang" PS3 controller, which was a terrible concept).

What a nonsense argument. Most popular != best.

I prefer the analog sticks on the 360 controller because I think they're proportioned much better. The center of the top is a bit lowered on those sticks and the material is great so I never lose grip. I also prefer the analog triggers.

And why is the D-pad the easiest place to reach with my left hand? In most modern games the D-pad is something I just ocassionaly touch. It's in the wrong place. It didn't evolve.

To me, it seems like Sony got scared of fans flaming at their boomerang so they didn't change the original. It's not a bad controller. But it's not the most ergonomic atm (imo), and most games these days are all about analog controls.

Guest abusivegeorge

Its a shame some of you guys missed out on the deal I got at Christmas otherwise it would have been the xbox 360 hands down I'd have thought.

I paid £129.99 with two controllers, Fallout 3, Gears Of War 1 and 2 and free wireless connector, with one months online free gaming.

What a nonsense argument. Most popular != best.

I prefer the analog sticks on the 360 controller because I think they're proportioned much better. The center of the top is a bit lowered on those sticks and the material is great so I never lose grip. I also prefer the analog triggers.

And why is the D-pad the easiest place to reach with my left hand? In most modern games the D-pad is something I just ocassionaly touch. It's in the wrong place. It didn't evolve.

To me, it seems like Sony got scared of fans flaming at their boomerang so they didn't change the original. It's not a bad controller. But it's not the most ergonomic atm (imo), and most games these days are all about analog controls.

All the buttons (with the exception of the d-pad) are analogue on the PS2/PS3 controllers.

Which sucks, btw. Nothing more frustrating than executing the wrong move in MGS3 because you pressed a damn face button too hard.

If one could take a 360 controller and put a Dualshock (or even better, a Sega Genesis) d-pad where the 360 d-pad is, it would be the greatest controller known to man.

Archived