• xbox 360
    • fast gaming pc
    • nintendo ds
    • sony psp
    • none of these

was thinking about getting a ps3.

reasons for:

- metal gear 4 looks cool

- i have a 1080p tv (using it as a monitor)

- bluray/dvds

reasons against:

- it's really expensive

- lost time that could be better spent elsewhere

thoughts?

Guest AOOproductions

Ps3 really not that bad price wise anymore... and btw a 360 on an HD television looks incredible and the difference, if there is any, is very little.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i'm still torn between buying a ps3 and a 360. i'm leaning towards the xbox and the wife wants the ps3. by the time we decide the ps4 will be out. currently we have a gamecube and it kinda suits because i'm really tight and if i had a new console i'd probably not buy a game worth 60$. i wanna play the last gta pretty badly though

Guest Al Hounos

i use the ps3 as a media server and bluray player more than i play games on it.

which is to say - if you have an HDTV and care about more than just games, PS3 no doubt.

Guest my usernames always really suck

Just buy a PS2 if you don't have one already, and catch-up on all the PS2 titles you missed out on, which will also be much more affordable than the $60 (overpriced fucking shit) games for the PS3 and XBox.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a letdown. Not much else for the PS3 worth buying.

The Wii was promising but the only good games for it are first-party titles, while the rest of the Wii's market is flooded with casual shit like Party Babyz. I've found the only thing I've been using my Wii for was as just another Gamecube as I've played catch-up with games I missed from the Gamecube's days.

Just buy a PS2 if you don't have one already, and catch-up on all the PS2 titles you missed out on, which will also be much more affordable than the $60 (overpriced fucking shit) games for the PS3 and XBox.

i need to do that because my ps2 stopped working when i was still busy with some games.

edit: strangely one game still works, klonoa 2

The Wii was promising but the only good games for it are first-party titles, while the rest of the Wii's market is flooded with casual shit like Party Babyz. I've found the only thing I've been using my Wii for was as just another Gamecube as I've played catch-up with games I missed from the Gamecube's days.

I'm totally hooked on Boom Blox and World of Goo right now. It's true that most of the Wii games are total crap but some games are just amazingly good and innovative. Also some of the Virtual Console stuff is great if you like retro gaming.

was thinking about getting a ps3.

reasons for:

- metal gear 4 looks cool

- i have a 1080p tv (using it as a monitor)

- bluray/dvds

reasons against:

- it's really expensive

- lost time that could be better spent elsewhere

thoughts?

I'm offended you didn't email me personally! :laughing: Seriously, though - your negatives aren't really relevant anymore, as you can get a PS3 for as little as 299.00

Gaming takes up as much/little time as you let it - I game about 5 hours a week, max.

i'm still torn between buying a ps3 and a 360. i'm leaning towards the xbox and the wife wants the ps3. by the time we decide the ps4 will be out. currently we have a gamecube and it kinda suits because i'm really tight and if i had a new console i'd probably not buy a game worth 60$. i wanna play the last gta pretty badly though

Just was lowered down to 40.00 at WAL*MART. Plus, there are lots of great PSN games that are well under 20.00 available, and lots of free demos as well.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a letdown. Not much else for the PS3 worth buying.

Again, not all PS3 games are 60.00, and if you look a bit, you can get most at 5-10 Dollars off the retail price.

Your dislike of MGS4 is an opinion, and you should state it as such, not as a fact, as your general disdain for the PS3 library. The facts are that millions of gamers disagree with you on both fronts, in terms of critical acclaim MGS4 got as well as it's sales figures.

360, very happy with it

Play a lot of GTA4, Fallout3 and Bioshock. Just bought the Lost & The Damned for GTA4.

Sold my wii ages ago because i found it very hard to get excited about any of the games, a shame really because it has/had so much potential.

360 and psp.... have yet to buy a psp game though... mostly use it for homebrew shit. I hardly ever touch the 360 anymore since I upgraded my PC many months back.

EDIT:

if you want to do bluray just buy a drive for your PC since you already use the 1080 set as your monitor. you can get them for about $80-100 nowadays... then just get a netflix account, rent the blurays and rip them to your machine :)

i have a nes (which i cant play on my hd tv >:( ),psp, original gameboy, commodore 64, atari (joystick), xbox 1, ps2 and a xbox360

i like the 360 the most obviously, though i sold more then half of my games on saturday because i play only 3 games now-a-days im sick of FPS's because cod4 is the daddy of them all. and sadly the xbox has too many FPS

game prices are cheap if you can wait a while after they come out like Street Fighter 6 was £26 in ASDA (WAL*MART) and £44 in HMV

i currantly want to get dead rising quite alot, but sadly i cant afford to buy video games, and there is no-where around here that rents games, so now im caining the demo quite alot instead.

PS3 is a better machine (doesn't break)

PS3 has free online

PS3 is quiet

PS3 has a shitty controller

PS3 has better DRM for downloadable games

360 has better games

360 has a better controller

360 has better online service

360 online costs money

360 sounds like a jet engine

360 will die at some point after 6 months

Wii lol

That being said, I had all 3 and sold them last year because I wasn't getting anything done, and 90% of games now are GRITTY RAWR MACHO BROWN SHOOTAN GAME YEH KICKASS BLOOD N GUTS!!!! Right now I'll play the occasional indie game from Steam, but mostly just rock the Genesis emulator and hop into Ryzom occasionally while it's still free.

I'm totally hooked on Boom Blox and World of Goo right now. It's true that most of the Wii games are total crap but some games are just amazingly good and innovative. Also some of the Virtual Console stuff is great if you like retro gaming.

I rented Boom Blox. Was a lot of fun. I got a good deal on House of the Dead 2 & 3 and two gun controllers so I've been playing that with my girlfriend quite a bit.

Archived