IGNORED

tim exile

Guest adorno1982

Guest adorno1982

I like Tim because he combines surface layers of naive simplicity with degrees of deep structural complexity which fit hand in glove.

his production is ace. he is a real musician, hurrah, and a lovely person :)

this video is good.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

one of the best fun i ever had was exile live

he mashes shit gooood live

even if you don't like the breakcorey shit

hard not to dance at an exile live show

edit: shit, i accidentally made a wesley willis song called 'tim exile'

rock over chicago

rock over detroit

Guest Caustic

knowing willis, he probably wrote a track about exile too.

this man makes jungle music

he is a good rock and roller

his music whips a mules dick

it takes your ass on a warhellride

tiiiiiiiim exiiiiiiiiiile

tiiiiiiiim exiiiiiiiiiiile

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Woah, that's really good. The final third (when the pitched vocals come in) is just a touch too breakcore-y/nu rave for me, but I really love the whole build up from Ninja Tune esque hip-hop breaks through to electro, techno and slowly getting faster and faster.

i hadn't heard anything off the new album until above youtube

holy shit, this is excellent!

prog knifestyle-electro/dnb/breakstep with a uniquely exile improvtastic twist.

holy shit, this is excellent!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I cannot wait for the new album

i enjoyed pro agonist very much

that MY PENIS IS CHIMING!1! sample is like distilled watmm

lol i love that sample, i invariably think of watmm when i hear it

Guest adorno1982

I feel i don't quite like the baroque meets IDM stuff in those videos... over in Berlin.

First reason is that there is no integration between the two different (and wonderful) mediums, the beats and electro stuff is one layer, the intact baroque music is another, and the two simply don't mesh or have expressive things in common.

the other reason is purely a rhythmic (metric one) ... the metronomic constant beat produced by a drum machine is anathema to music created in the 18th century ... where computer music hadn't given us exact and evenly spaced pulses - rather the music is expressive through melody, harmony and rhythm and above all dance! (which is very un-metronomic, but has a deeper, gestural and bodily sense of rhythm).

But I love Tim's rhythm! i love his sense of play .... i think he should totally work with live instruments, writing modern music (which could always be influenced by the baroque idiom)

just my two cents. innit

Guest Drahken

Exile is a huge inspiration. His tunes can be hit or miss but I get all warm and fuzzy looking at his production techniques and how he is always coming up with new controllers, new patches, new genre crosses. I think he really sets the bar when it comes to live improvisation and performance, and he has a good time at it to boot. I also like how motivated he is to share his ideas and concepts with the public. His London presentation to TVU is a great example as is his NI video and some of the other things he has done. Too many ideas and things to dabble in, he's just all over the fucking place. Rock on Tim.

I feel i don't quite like the baroque meets IDM stuff in those videos... over in Berlin.

First reason is that there is no integration between the two different (and wonderful) mediums, the beats and electro stuff is one layer, the intact baroque music is another, and the two simply don't mesh or have expressive things in common.

the other reason is purely a rhythmic (metric one) ... the metronomic constant beat produced by a drum machine is anathema to music created in the 18th century ... where computer music hadn't given us exact and evenly spaced pulses - rather the music is expressive through melody, harmony and rhythm and above all dance! (which is very un-metronomic, but has a deeper, gestural and bodily sense of rhythm).

Yeah I felt it didn't quite work either. There needed to be made far more of the strings section, and made them much louder in the mix. As it was it just sounded like someone had randomly stuck on some breaks to a bunch of bored looking instrumentalists.

cool, tim exile is the best - his livesets often seal the deal on whether or not to go to a night. last time i saw him he had taken to wearing the joystick back to front like a midi tail/buttplug.

Guest Enter a new display name
!! new releases forum ... we're not allowed to talk about music in here ... ;-[ :cry:

I posted the music video a few hours before this thread was even posted. :fee:

Guest adorno1982
!! new releases forum ... we're not allowed to talk about music in here ... ;-[ :cry:

I posted the music video a few hours before this thread was even posted. :fee:

you're right about that - and i apologise. i did not see yours, sorry :confused:

Archived