IGNORED

Unreal Tournament, Farcry 2

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest abusivegeorge

So I just took Test Drive Unlimited, Crash Time, Flatout Ultimate Carnage and Quake wars Enemy Territory down to Gamestation on Trade in as I've completed them all and got fed up with Quake Wars, to come home with Farcry 2 and Unreal Tournament, got the two for £30 I have yet to play them, what are your thoughts?

Edit: I got £32 for the four games I traded in.

FarCry2 is a very ambitious open world game that let's you explore the fictional part of Africa that you're in. It's an absolutely beautiful game and a very, very, very different approach to the FPS than the original FarCry was. Unfortunately the game has its downsides, but I don't feel like mentioning them since you haven't played it yet. I don't want to ruin your gaming experience, you know.

When you've played it for a couple of hours you will without doubt have noticed the downsides of the game and then I'll tell you what I think of the game :)

Guest abusivegeorge

Unreal tournament goes without saying-fantastic.

Farcry 2 is absolutely fantastic too, the downsides are that after the first few missions, you just sort of drive around and don't really have objectives to do apart from find the jackal and kill him, but there is no real direction as to progress through the game except drive around the map and visit different places, its still bloody fun though, and unlocking the safe houses.

Guest tv_party

the first far cry is one of my all time favorite games. I'm afraid to try 2 since I have very high expectations as a result.

Guest abusivegeorge
I tried to get big into UT on the 360 last summer, but it seemed like hardly anyone was playing it. Is it easy to find games now?

I'm not playing it online yet mate, I'm just playing the single player campaign, but I would imagine so yes because a lot of people I know have it and play it online, it was one of my main reasons for purchase.

Does Far Cry 2 give you the ability to save all the time? through stationary save points (safe houses?) or through quick save? I thought it was pretty cool that Far Cry only had these check points, it was annoying but it brought up the adrenaline-aspect the arcade times where you were just praying for the next save and not to die... but I can't imagine how they'd put check points in a GTA style open world, unless after certain achievements, and that would be annoying... well, how does one save?

Guest abusivegeorge

Yea you have to take control of a safe house to find a save point, but they are very frequent.

Guest tv_party
i wish there were realistic dismemberment effects in crysis that would be realistic as rambo 4

that's pretty much a major factor in my purchase decision

• 3 weeks later...
Guest abusivegeorge
i wish there were realistic dismemberment effects in crysis that would be realistic as rambo 4

that's pretty much a major factor in my purchase decision

FARCRY IS NOT A CRYSIS GAME, YOU WUSS.

Archived