IGNORED

Dimitri Martin

Alzado

this show is fucking funny. i've always liked his stand up and the show is starting to hit its stride.

anbody see the bit with galileo, shakespeare, and ben franklin at tgi friday's? hilarious.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

may very well be decent, i just watched the first half of the show tonight and the laugh track was annoying the shit out of me.

i want to dislike him because he is a mitch hedberg/beck hybrid ripoff but yes i've watched every episode and i quite enjoy it. some of it is miss but the sketches for the most part are genuinely good. i liked the one where he's on set of filming a breakup scene and the director is trying to get him pissed but he only gets pissed in between takes, i enjoyed that. alzado-- my fav part about the TGIFridays bit was at the end when ben franklin is being restrained and he's like "SAY IT TO MY FACE" and then you hear the waitress in the background go "he IS saying it to your face"

but yeah i want to dislike him but i just cant.

i watched the first two episodes and they didn't do a lot for me. but i like the preceeding John Dore Television Show a whole hell of a lot, so maybe that says something. i liked demitri on the daily show so i'll probably end up giving him another chance

also, i'm inches away from being banned on twoism.

Guest assegai

I was thinking of making a topic about him today interestingly enough...

His stand-up is funny and clever, his show is hit or miss with the lols but enjoyable throughout.

Guest zaphod

he was on mr show? i dunno about that man

this dimitri martin guy is such a blatant mitch hedberg rip off, and his stuff is so precious...ugh

Guest assegai

this dimitri martin guy is such a blatant mitch hedberg rip off, and his stuff is so precious...ugh

and mitch was kind of a ripoff of steven wright, it's a never ending chain man

this show is fucking funny. i've always liked his stand up and the show is starting to hit its stride.

anbody see the bit with galileo, shakespeare, and ben franklin at tgi friday's? hilarious.

yes i like his sketches the best, especially that one. the guy who does the son's voice in Dr. Katz is in a lot of his sketches, that guy should be in more stuff.

Jon_Benjamin.jpg

zach galifinakis was on david crosses show he had after mr show called davids situation or whatever.

wasn't on mr show.

zach galifinakis was on david crosses show he had after mr show called davids situation or whatever.

wasn't on mr show.

did that show ever air? i remember hearing about it years ago , or maybe im confusing it with the sitcom starring matt besser and david cross for Hbo

i don't know, i don't think so, i'm pretty sure david cross bob odenkirk canned it before it aired. i saw the pilot online or

something. i recognised zach because he looked the same as he did as terrey greene from gravy robbers.

point is,zach is funnier than demitri and he isn't cute.

yes i like his sketches the best, especially that one. the guy who does the son's voice in Dr. Katz is in a lot of his sketches, that guy should be in more stuff.

Jon_Benjamin.jpg

Thats Jon Benjamin, he also did the voice of coach McGuirk and Jason from Home Movies. From what I've seen of Important Things, he takes the stage over Demetri Martin.

i don't see any similarities to mitch hedberg, intentional or accidental. hedberg had a sort of brilliance that showed through the facade of a drug-out haze. martin's not like that at all. his comedy is all nerdy/bright observations.

i agree that the show has not been perfect. there have been some groan worthy moments, but it's pretty good and getting better. i love his skits with John Oliver as the Prince and food taster. super funny. and yeah Fred, the "say it to my face" part so funny. it was great because the skit was already funny and that was an unexpected cake topper.

this show is good and has the potential to be great.

Archived