IGNORED

Soisong - xAj3z

Capsaicin

back to soisong, i didn't see many other people talking about the 'synthesized musician' aspect of this album. all of the vocals on it are done with yamaha speech synthesizer plugin Vocaloid and the guitars and drums are obviously sampled but played in a such a way to sound quasi live. I like this approach, it's kind of like synthesized live band concept

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing that with us Aw. I was under the impression that PC was doing all the vocals himself, then digitally twisting them out of shape. Also, i just wanted to say that this album is very LSD friendly. Especially during the first hour,... coming up! Shivers up my spine when I head that Diablo/Tristram-eque track.

• 3 weeks later...
xAj3z packaging is PIANO STEALTH [tm] technology - this reflect what we have been doing with the sound - that "disguising of high-tech in classical forms". Further, PIANO STEALTH will be expanding into other lines of products we plan to make in connection with the album..

i took that as an xaj3z releated release that isnt a cd. of course i could be mistaken...

thanks for posting the interview, i'm excited for future PC related stuff, he seems to be channeling an older period Coil vibe that i really enjoy. There aren't very many electronic musicians besides Autechre, Coil & this new PC/coh stuff where i can really appreciate the thematic or technical concept of the song as i'm listening to it. threshold house boys choir was great too

xAj3z packaging is PIANO STEALTH [tm] technology - this reflect what we have been doing with the sound - that "disguising of high-tech in classical forms". Further, PIANO STEALTH will be expanding into other lines of products we plan to make in connection with the album..

i took that as an xaj3z releated release that isnt a cd. of course i could be mistaken...

there was usage of the word 'publication' at some point too. so..

• 2 months later...

Archived