IGNORED

Soisong - xAj3z

Capsaicin

Guest maus

what an utterly fantastic record. came out of nowhere, as i was only "meh" about the qXn948s EP.

has totally revitalised my interest in coil / christopherson.

ten thumbs up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Super lurker ultra V12

This is going to be one of my favourite releases of this year.

J3z :heart:

Guest telikan

listening for the first time a lot of it sounds like a downtempo lounge version of Matmos to me...

Guest abracadabra

Not what I expected after Soi-Jin-No-Hi. Not bad though. Just not what I expected, but then again I didn't really know what to expect.

• 2 months later...

i shelled out too and was initially pretty dissapointed with the inclusion of vocals/live drums and dimished focus on 'cold' glitchy electronics. seemed like quite a dramatic shift from their ep/liveshows. but its grown on me now and i have to admit this release is soothing, subtle and intelligent! theres supposed to be some more stuff coming out of the soisong camp soon...

from their myspace

Many of the photographs sent to us in the course of the Missing Child Flyer campaign appear to show great sense of humour, some of the poster placements being truly creative. Therefore SOISONG have decided to include one or two pictures from each of the covered cities/locations [properly credited, of course] into a forthcoming PIANOSTEALTH [TM] release/publication that has been slowly taking its familiar shape in the last few weeks..

$35 to dish out for a CD that can only be played on Tray style cd players is just the tinniest bit absurd.

The Threshold House Boys Choir is much more satisfying than this release honestly. The output i would argue is inferior to either artist working alone.

Peter says he thinks this is one of the best thing he's made, alongside musick to play in the dark. I trust the man. I just hope that hexagon cd plays in my comp.

I've compiled a bunch of interviews with Peter/Jhonn/COIL, if you're interested you can check it out here:

<a href="http://soundandsymbol.blogspot.com/2009/04/coil-interview-collection.html" target="_blank">http://soundandsymbol.blogspot.com/2009/04...collection.html</a>

There's also a SOISONG news hotline on the same site.

Peter thinks his best work is Musick to play in the dark? that's pretty surprising. I personally felt like coil became a little monotonous right after the release of that album.

but my favorite Coil works i guess are 'old' ones, Worship the Glitch and Stolen and Contaminated Songs

I feel kind of bad that i don't like any Coil stuff after the Musik to play in the dark era. but then i was wowed by this release called 'Plastic Spider Thing' and then i was re saddened when i realized that the Best new coil cd imo was not made by them. I hate to say it but i think there was a distinct shift in the Coil style when Balance's alcoholism went into full gear, when they were doing a lot less psychedelics and just trying to keep Jhon away from the drink.

Guest Z_B_Z

$35 to dish out for a CD that can only be played on Tray style cd players is just the tinniest bit absurd.

The Threshold House Boys Choir is much more satisfying than this release honestly. The output i would argue is inferior to either artist working alone.

Peter says he thinks this is one of the best thing he's made, alongside musick to play in the dark. I trust the man. I just hope that hexagon cd plays in my comp.

I've compiled a bunch of interviews with Peter/Jhonn/COIL, if you're interested you can check it out here:

<a href="http://soundandsymbol.blogspot.com/2009/04/coil-interview-collection.html" target="_blank">http://soundandsymbol.blogspot.com/2009/04...collection.html</a>

There's also a SOISONG news hotline on the same site.

Peter thinks his best work is Musick to play in the dark? that's pretty surprising. I personally felt like coil became a little monotonous right after the release of that album.

but my favorite Coil works i guess are 'old' ones, Worship the Glitch and Stolen and Contaminated Songs

the first 'musick to play in the dark' is certainly one of their best releases. an amazing album that is probably one of the weirdest albums ive heard by any band period.

that being said i think they shoud have stopped with the first. the second one is so-so and decendes into self parody at times.

Guest tibbar

well i guess all that hub bub about slowly re-releasing the old coil catalog the way they did "black antlers" and "remote viewer" was a bag of hot air. we were supposed to get round 2 ("time machines" & "moons milk in six phases") like forever ago... and this dvd anthology is taking forever as well.

i guess peter is too busy having sex with underage asian boys to give a fuck about that stuff.

Astral Disaster is supposed to be good, it was released right before the musick cds

Wait, you don't like the live cds?

i like Transparent , the re-released Zos kia thing. some of that is live yes?

he did an interview about living in thailand a while ago. when he was younger he did some photography of boys in semi-sexual ways (nothing nude or explicit from what i've seen). however anything remotely sexual out of his years in thailand has been with guys that look in their mid to late 20s.

btw, u never replied to my pm about whether or not yellow light district is available for download

Archived