IGNORED

GLADE 09

kaen

the big names all disappointed us really:/ they didnt seem like 'fun' to us. plump djs & rennie pilgrem were a good spunky vibe. bear in mind i am a massive warp/rephlex fan (i.e. very anal about my music) and it was arcadia all the way.

thats not surprising, given the losers and dorks that warp artists appeal to

i fucking hate going to a club and its all full of nobs staring at the back of (insert warp artist)'s laptop or filming it on their mobiles

fucking dance you cunts

this.

timo mass had already been booked for 3 fucking hours and had to play in the bloc stage. fuck me, techno for wet people! never new a category existed. think he got 10 grand for it. i would too, having to listen to that shit for all that time :blush:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, and it was well funny - we set up tent next to a gazebo with a big 'TEAM RAVE' sign on it, and a bunch of young'uns.

9 in the morning, we heard one of the girls say "what time is it? its acid o'clock!"

me n manda had a bit of a sleep.

about 7 hrs later when we woke, we could hear her saying "this isnt funny anymore. when is it going to stop. WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOPPPPP. ASRGHRHHAGHG!!!!" i think she'd been there the whole time.

check out ludd, what a winner.

i do agree with the poorly worded epithet though. the most fun i had was dancing like a twat at arcadia/the rabbit hole, and the music i enjoyed the most was obscure tracks here or there (such as at inspiral - or from a random jazzband).

generally i missed so much i wanted to see, and much of it i did go to see i didnt get into very much. im pretty gay for snares for example, but could only hack 15mins or so.

with squarepusher i was actually really digging all the just a souvenir stuff (except for 'a real woman' or whatever its called). i was also really buzzing off the noodling. the way he was making almost gabber kicks using reverb, intricate spaz outs - it was brilliant.

bogdan was also a highlight, although i think he ended early? when i got there the lights were out ('technical faults' apparently) but i thought at the time this was an eccentric request he had made. you could just about make out his form dancing around the stage in ecstasy, which in conjunction with the music made an amazing (and now apparently accidental) atmosphere.

anyway, ill post more about glade at a later date. im still reeling and need sleep.

heh nah i am ok. i just had to play a gig last night/got a bit drunk... and im a bit drunk now.

heh. thought you might have done a team rave on us:P

poor kid lol.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Please for the love of all that is good in this world can someone tell me what the last song Bogdan Raczynski played was? I came 4/5 times.

I can't remember what order he played them in but it could have been track 4, 6 or 8 from 'Alright!', I'm hugely back into that album now after seeing him at Glade. And yeah idrn he did finish 15 mins early, I thought he was going to come back out of the darkness and stick another CD in but he never did.

Anyone remember what Exile's set was like?

kicking myself

in the balls

Did you miss it? It was pretty bad and I left halfway through; as I recall he did ten minutes of normal Exile live madness before clambering up his butthole with that Family Galaxy singalong material

Guest Jimbob

yeah, i saw him do those tunes in Manc nearly 2 years ago so i'd hoped he'd just go off on one and do some live shit, suppose i didn't miss much then.

can't be arsed to read the rest of the thread can someone please give me a brief score out of 10 for venue and over all Glade this year - 1st Glade I've ever missed..

can't be arsed to read the rest of the thread can someone please give me a brief score out of 10 for venue and over all Glade this year - 1st Glade I've ever missed..

8 from me. New venue is nice, but some minor bad points like the walk from the car park to the site. Lot of the crowd seemed much younger this year - don't know if that's me getting old or the change in rules on no under 18s - but everyone still seemed cool. Line up was mostly top but not as perfect (for me) as it has been previously.

Overall I think the new site was a good move. Better sound, longer hours, nice :)

• 2 weeks later...

8 from me. New venue is nice, but some minor bad points like the walk from the car park to the site. Lot of the crowd seemed much younger this year - don't know if that's me getting old or the change in rules on no under 18s - but everyone still seemed cool. Line up was mostly top but not as perfect (for me) as it has been previously.

Overall I think the new site was a good move. Better sound, longer hours, nice :)

Thx

:smile:

Archived