IGNORED

GLADE 09

kaen

i'm going.

working with oxfam again. it was hilarious last year. getting wasted, doing silly shifts from 4am till 12pm on saturday, after friday nights bangface tent.....

dammit man, this will be the second year i've been on the verge of doing the Oxfam thing. I suppose the only reason i'm not is that I can't convince any mates to get involved.

Anyways there's allways next year, should be a cracking weekend.

My fingers are crossed for more techstep/tearout D&B. Current Value was immense last year.

How far away do you live Kaen?

bout 20/25mins

its only 11 miles ^_^

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jimbob
Looks abit cramped

glade is small

glade is good

What i meant was that photo makes the site look a lot smaller than Wasing.

I am sure it's decent though

Goddamn, ravers better say a prayer for dry weather with landscape like that HAHAHAHA

The festival might get renamed to Cholera Jam 2009

yeah, i think i contracted typhoid at glade 2007....

Yeah Glade needs to deliver this year for me after 07's wasteland of death and 08's ex-girlfriends campaign of emotional devastation... I'm going to give it another go I think...

glade just needs people to stop complaining about glade before its even happened

Agreed, Glade is a class festival so stop whining and get on down there. This year supposed to be bigger, better and longer, and whilst that does not always mean that it will be I have faith in the good Glade people to keep with the original vibe at the new site.

@melotronic: there's going to be a BLOC stage at this year's venue so that may go some way to ease the pain of missing BLOC. I hope.

Guest Coalbucket PI
do you run glade or something?

I've never had anything less than a great time there but it seems in the last few years all anyone can do is complain, and sort of grudgingly commit to going again like its a chore or something. I despair at the way people can somehow not have fun in a field with music and drugs. but there have been problems so I suppose its fair to complain if you so desire, i wish peace and love to all

Nah Glade is totally wicked but you can't say the sound hasn't been fucked for a couple of years. I'm really looking forwards to it, but I think people are going to be a little wary as essentially they haven't delivered on promises saying it's gonna be loud and sound good.

• 1 month later...
Guest Coalbucket PI

I booked tickets today.

when I went through the ticket ordering page it had the venue listed as 'Materley Bowl' so it looks like Mister Kaen was correct

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kalpol_introl

I'm there, working with Oxfam again (3rd year).

Lineup for Overkill looks really great - strongest one yet.

Can't wait to see Soundmurderer.

Fuck me, I hope there's tickets at the end of the month when I get paid. That's the soonest I can book.

sooo, the glade has upped and moved to winchester which is just up the road from me, id be fucking bonkers not to go but none of my mates are into it, who the fuck is going, i cant believe theres no thread already. WTF

rude_NHS is going, and is going to see limewax, snares, underworld, juan atkins, dave clarke, femi kuti,

can't think of anything more...

assuming it is the materley estate bowl that is, where the fuck else could it be right?

pic from creamfields, its a cozy venue

pic20.jpg

if you go and stand on the nape of that hill, is it called a nape? no, its a brow isnt it? dunno anyway you can just nearly see my house.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest butane bob

bump

Why are there not more posts in this thread?? FFS watmm, previous years you'd have six pages by now. What's wrong?

Still quite a while to go. I'm personally really looking forwards to it and July in general, Bangface boat rave, Glade, and Chase & Status in a local shithole club. Bring it

Would love to go to this. Can't afford it.

Glade email came through today saying Squarepusher might also be playing on a smaller stage with his new project/material in addition to his main slot.

Archived