IGNORED

GLADE 09

kaen

Guest Iain C

My girlfriend and I had to leave on Friday evening because we lost absolutely everything... we were camped next to the river. It was a fucking disaster and played a large part in the eventual breakup. Bah.

Probably should have stayed but I was just so fucked off, no dry clothes, no money or food, Jesus it was the worst weekend of the worst summer of my life!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh it's all part of the festival thing though isn't it. I went to a Glastonbury one year and all my possessions ended up under 4ft of water, lost a shitload of stuff but still got through it after a few hours of admittedly grinding misery. I think if I was was there with a girlfriend it might of been a different story, but otherwise it was a good laugh. We did have to buy new tents and sleeping bags though, if I had no money at all I can see how it might of been a tad difficult.

Guest Etch

I just had a moment where I realized that I would actually be at Glade in two weeks and got very excited. Im drunk and I have changed my mind, Ill meet any of you people. You're all safe as fuck.

Well, I'll be locatable around Overkill. You'll probably catch me on the Friday wearing my grey Autechre shirt.

I can't imagine a meet up's going to happen, organizing WATMM members can't be an easy feat. That said I'm in a blue tent, so good luck finding me.

Guest Coalbucket PI

we should have a meet up... maybe something like midday friday? need a location really but its hard because of the new site. The pussy parlure might be a good place to meet

I'd prefer Thursday, just because there's no music happenings. It's the chill out meet people day.

Guest blutac

I think the key for rainy festivals is:

take almost nothing with you.

Remember wellies + lots of socks

Do hard drugs and spirits as often as possible = survival mode

It worked for Glade 07 and Glastonbury 05?, which were supposedly the worst for rain of the decade.

I know Im going to forget something essential.

What luxuries are you gents taking?

My festival kit is something like this:

Wet wipes

Large bottle of water

Booze

Bacon rasher crisps from Tescos

Wild and whippy choc things from Tescos

Energy drinks (aka diabetic nightmares)

Wind up lantern

Flannel for shower

Towel

Contact lenses

Clothes

Bendy combat mirror thing

Cash

Bog roll

That's all I can think of right now.

Guest Etch

They dont allow stoves or cookers. Wondering If I might try to sneak one in, nothing like a cup of tea in those early hours, or just some hot water to wash your face. Might even go a few canned meals as festival food is generally speaking a rip off.

I took some flapjacks to Glasto last year, so good, a nice filling snack on demand and they dont go off.

And a chair. I need to get a chair.

And as always....

953281_l.jpg

A rucksack with nothing in it but gin and 1 spare sock.

Some drugs.

A cd case.

What is the sock for?

AND FINLLY HOW DOES ONE SNEAK IN BOOZWE

They dont allow stoves or cookers. Wondering If I might try to sneak one in, nothing like a cup of tea in those early hours, or just some hot water to wash your face. Might even go a few canned meals as festival food is generally speaking a rip off.

I took some flapjacks to Glasto last year, so good, a nice filling snack on demand and they dont go off.

And a chair. I need to get a chair.

And as always....

953281_l.jpg

A rucksack with nothing in it but gin and 1 spare sock.

Some drugs.

A cd case.

What is the sock for?

AND FINLLY HOW DOES ONE SNEAK IN BOOZWE

Ah, Berocca! Genius!

As far as sneaking in alcohol goes. You go in with your crates as per the limit, as you're walking in say you need to come back to grab some more stuff. At which point you wear these to stop them from realising it's you again.

nose-moustache-glasses.jpg

Guest Etch

No Alcohol is allowed in this year :(

I'm thinking a big bottle of wiskey in with the tent.

v10all.jpg

Two of those and a few slugs of wiskey will cut through any drug and turn you into a sleepy old man in his most comfortable chair.

What!? Source?

I thought the amount you could take was about half of usual?

Guest idrn

i think the searches are random, and the rules/security a bit over-hyped. im making a load of french stew to eat during the first couple of days, good hearty stuff which ill be heating with one of these. hopefully i can sneak it through. with alcohol ill probably take some box wine which is slightly more than two bottles (and cheaper). the old vodka in evian bottle might work, but its also very easy to hide hip flasks/ smaller bottles in the small of your back.

btw, anyone driving from London? im looking to avoid the train, and will contribute to petrol etc. ideally two seats available aswell?

What!? Source?

before 6pm thursday you are allowed:

"12 X CANS OF BEER

OR 2 X BOTTLES OF WINE

OR 6 X CANS OF BEER AND 1 X BOTTLE OF WINE

NO SPIRITS

NO GLASS WHATSOEVER SO BRING WINE IN BOXES OR PLASTIC BOTTLES!"

Guest Etch

Letter Accompanying Ticket.

'Due to alcohol liscencing restrictions, no alcohol can be taken on site by ticket holders. There will be random searches.'

i think the searches are random, and the rules/security a bit over-hyped. im making a load of french stew to eat during the first couple of days, good hearty stuff which ill be heating with one of these. hopefully i can sneak it through. with alcohol ill probably take some box wine which is slightly more than two bottles (and cheaper). the old vodka in evian bottle might work, but its also very easy to hide hip flasks/ smaller bottles in the small of your back.

btw, anyone driving from London? im looking to avoid the train, and will contribute to petrol etc. ideally two seats available aswell?

What!? Source?

"12 X CANS OF BEER

OR 2 X BOTTLES OF WINE

NO SPIRITS

Three of us in the car, driving from just north of London on the Thursday. Only room for 1 person though as baggage will take up one seat. Interested? If so I'll try and get something sorted.

Guest idrn

What!? Source?

"12 X CANS OF BEER

OR 2 X BOTTLES OF WINE

NO SPIRITS

Three of us in the car, driving from just north of London on the Thursday. Only room for 1 person though as baggage will take up one seat. Interested? If so I'll try and get something sorted.

cool, from whereabouts? tentatively will take this up, got some other leads but there are plenty of other single seats available if push comes to shove. no chance of a lap-stacking luggage for both of us?

What!? Source?

"12 X CANS OF BEER

OR 2 X BOTTLES OF WINE

NO SPIRITS

cool, from whereabouts? tentatively will take this up, got some other leads but there are plenty of other single seats available if push comes to shove. no chance of a lap-stacking luggage for both of us?

Well, the driver lives in Chingford. I think there's going to be lap stacking with one of you, it's been that way the last two Glades so I don't think it's possible mate. I'll check with him tomorrow for one passenger and let you know, but I'm pretty sure two's not gonna happen.

Archived