IGNORED

demetri martin fucking blows

sinicalypse

i have quickly grown sick of this astonishingly cocky little hipster fuck who prances around like he's some sort of superior being just because he's observant and clever. whether it's his conceptual-style of humor, you know, getting to life's little intricacies that piss him off, or whether it's the fact he'll occasionally be self-effacing to try and validate himself as the master judge of all in life, or whether he just tries to make odd sketch comedy as if he almost has to do odd things to conventions in order to justify this sketch being a result of the master-brain of dimitri martin, shit, it just doesn't work.

i've tried to find this guy funny, honestly, he wasn't very funny on the daily show. they gave him two different little segments that they wanted to recur so badly but they never really did, maybe cuz our genius prodigy demetri is too "out there" for the daily show, but still jon stewart's production company and comedy central got behind him putting out a DVD and then this show, and really, i watch it and while i indeed have thought about things and gone "by cracky, he's right" but then another look at him and i can't help but thinking "what a smarmy little shit, i'd love to just hit him across the face, once, even tho teh nose would break my hand. i'm sure he'd cleverly deconstruct me as a barbaric ape that wallows in my inferority to him and his observational ways" --- i'm sure all kinds of people in touch with tehir comedic sides would hate me until teh end of time.

he's the type of guy that most people think they get smarter by listening to, like since he's made clever observations about society that you hadn't previously made, you're learning new ways to look at things and it amazes you and as such you wanna be on his level you wanna make those observations and be that sharp and clever so you laugh when he stops and pauses and mugs for teh laughter, and you think GOD THAT WAS BRILLIANT FUNNY OBSERVATIONAL HUMOR but it's not that funny. really, it's kind of just like a random spattering of observations and jokes that he wrote down and was like damn this is good memorized adn eventually brought to tv.

quite honestly i'd read a book by the guy, kind of a long collection of his musings... but in the standup format, let alone television, it just doesnt work as this guy's body language and demeanor just wreek of a little man making up for his fears and insecurities by deconstructing the world, which hey that's a time honored tradition, but it's hard to make it work in standup/television comedy, short of some examples like george carlin, who has a more traditional standup vehicle seeing as he was in teh business for approximately 15-25 years before he really got on a roll and then started to deconstruct society after years of fart jokes and musings.

stand up comedy has an intimacy about it like you're hanging out with the dude, he's walking around telling stories and talking like he would in real life, whereas this d00d just goes up there and starts whipping out props and looks around like he's stuck here with us lesser creatures so he'll have to settle for telling us why we're sad and lonely post-apes, and he can't go too far without saying a joke, pausing for laughter, and staring out into the crowd prolly looking for people who aren't laughing and musing "how stupid".

here's a nice little video that illustrates this phenomenon... he has a thing with the icicles, but then we need the guitar and harmonica as some sort of means of one-upping the standard art of telling great jokes that actually go somewhere and take you to someplace hilarious, because, this is jokes... with a guitar!!

dads had better not be cool, otherwise you could get ridiculed by boy wonder demetri martin!

i dunno, i'm obviously some sort of a retarded misguided cumshot who has no place in teh world otehr than to be bitter at teh success for others cuz clearly my life is a miserable failure, but if people en masse really think this shit is some sort of brilliant, then fucking a, i'm going to give up comedy and instead become a new-age richard simmons and dedicate my life towards helping the rotund.

You know, for a change I agree with you. I tried to like his show as I tend to like awkward humor. But that's just it, he isn't awkward, he's just kind of a smug prick. He might have gotten a "heh" out of me here and there out of the four different episodes I watched, but otherwise I was nonplussed and left not liking the guy.

if theres one thing more boring than a sinicalpyse post its the stream of cunts afterwards that come in to post tl;dr and then whinge about how long the post was afterwards. shut the fuck up!

if theres one thing more boring than a sinicalpyse post its the stream of cunts afterwards that come in to post tl;dr and then whinge about how long the post was afterwards. shut the fuck up!

but then the cunts whinging about the cunts whinging about the cunt = ENTHRALLING

Guest beatfanatic
the fuck does 'tldr' mean?

edit: oh... and i did read it, that's why i had an opinion.

tldr = too long did not read ???

if thats the case , shouldnt it be tldnr??

the fuck does 'tldr' mean?

edit: oh... and i did read it, that's why i had an opinion.

tldr = too long did not read ???

if thats the case , shouldnt it be tldnr??

too long; didn't read. did not becomes a single word when contracted into didn't.

fail.

a quick posting history of THE SUN:

In Topic: demetri martin fucking blows

tldr

In Topic: "What is the Most IDM Thing" Bracketology 2009

gross.

In Topic: 777 realization, I understand Autechre's trick now

epic.

In Topic: Need some good music like Autechre

they are similar to Ae to me in a lot of strange ways.

i don't want to be thehauntingsoul so i won't go into it. i'd say early caribou isn't too far from some lp5/ep7 Ae sounds though.

---

5/4 time is tricky

don't stop watching till the end.

and here's a sleep inducing piece of greatness, seriously dose your no doz 5 hour energy meth crank speed or blow NOW:

Korg Kaoss Pad w/ Reason 3

We were thinking about getting a Kaoss Pad in the near future, but before we purchase it, I was wondering if anyone has used it with Reason 3 before and if it works well? I know the device has many effects built in (LFOs, Oscillators, etc.) but does it bind to the knobs and effects on the devices in the program, or can it be used to alter the sound of the device as a whole, separate from the interface's knobs and levers? Any input would be appreciated.

-------

THE MAN CAN WRITE!!

still tho, when i was 20 years old i was just an overpaid municpal employee who smoked a shit-ton of weed and was getting into the world of "underground" hiphop whilst smoking an eighth a day, and i wasn't really on messageboards sharing my greatness at that time, so the sun is ahead of me and within a proper 8-9 years should be someone we were lucky to know and jostle with back before he came a truly important person, like demetri martin.

Indie? Hipster? Really? He's up there in a plain t-shirt, jeans and a bowl cut.

Personally I think he's funny. This doesn't mean I think he's brilliant and listen to him because I think I can learn something from him or think he's beyond my intelligence. He just makes me laugh.

I don't get the smug thing either. He's just up there telling jokes. If you didn't think what you had to say was funny, why would you be a stand up comedian? Aren't you a rapper sinicalypse? Aren't rappers some of the most egotistical people in our culture? If you want to talk about a real douche bag I'm sure a thread trashing Dane Cook would be way more deserved.

Personally I think he's funny. This doesn't mean I think he's brilliant and listen to him because I think I can learn something from him or think he's beyond my intelligence. He just makes me laugh.

I don't get the smug thing either. He's just up there telling jokes. If you didn't think what you had to say was funny, why would you be a stand up comedian? Aren't you a rapper sinicalypse? Aren't rappers some of the most egotistical people in our culture? If you want to talk about a real douche bag I'm sure a thread trashing Dane Cook would be way more deserved.

but this thread is about demitri martin and the fact that he's not very funny. and smug. and just a prick.

and making more money than you =D

edit: i don't actually know what anyone does, please don't take offense and call me names =(

obviously all rappers and stand up comedians and well really anyone who takes to a stage standing before a mass of people has to be innately egotistical in order to get up there and do it and believe that their take on humanity/life/musical-theories/whatever is worth showcasing as opposed to everyone else down there in the audience...

but really, i mean, you took this personal and were really on the defensive and personally responded to every stupid little claim i made, so i spose this is working for what it is and i can safely say that yes, indeed, you blow! enjoy the thrills and spills of downtown indiana, where the demetri martin would be mobbed if he walked the streets!

edit: i don't actually know what anyone does, please don't take offense and call me names =(

cockmaster5000: special limited oral edition

I think for me it mostly has to do with the pauses that he works into his routines. Give us the benefit of the doubt and allow us to get it and laugh instead of waiting to continue because you think we need a minute to process it.

indeed, and it's those looks on his face that really seals it. he looks around as if he wants to see the little peons laughing at his too-brilliant-for-them jokes and the whole presentation is just like, you know, it's like when that movie get shorty had the sequel and whatever kinda worked in the first one was shit shit shit in the second cuz it was so slick it thought it shit dont stank and from there it just compounded upon itself.

but it's mainly the aura he gives me. go watch one of his commercials and look at him staring at you and tell me you dont have suppress a desire to at least smack the bitch adn be like "what the fuck are you looking at?!@"

cockmaster5000: special limited oral edition

boobhohohooohohooohhohohoohoh ;'''(

Archived