IGNORED

selling roughly all of my vinyl on discogs

playbynumbers

i've given up on ebay for selling anything other than the big-ticket items ... also note that i'm accepting 'offers' on everything i'm selling, and i'll give greater weight to knocking down the price if you're making more than one offer. all of the stuff will be put up by the end of the week, i'm guessing.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller=playbynumbers

(okay, last spam thread, i swear!)

Guest Enter a new display name

$1 for Quaristice (Limited Edition). We've been buddies forever, you can accept my offer. :angry:

why are you selling all of your vinyl?

well, most of it; i'm keeping all the key records that i actually listen to (loveless, ok computer, geogaddi).

basically ... i spent WAY too much money on vinyl, for five years, like something close to $8000, and i've just lost interest in it. i simply don't listen to vinyl that much; usually i'm not at home, and when i am at home, either my roommate is asleep or my neighbors complain or whatever other reason, and so i can occasionally listen to vinyl at a low volume, and that's it. my main venue for music is my car, and the ipod is enough for that. also i'm moving to maryland in two months where i also won't be able to really play vinyl, and i'd prefer to not move a half-ton (perhaps literally) of music. and also i'm trying to build up a bit more in my savings account in case my sweet full-time job suddenly goes away.

Guest Deep Fried Everything
i feel so lucky being able to listen to music at earshattering volume 24 hours a day.

^^ this.

i will be pm'ing you (pbn)

Guest zaphod
i remember your posts about your vinyl buying and this seems silly

but whatev

yeah, actually.

although the reasons for selling them all make sense. sounds like pbn changes his mind a lot.

Guest countchocula

Hey I don't have a discogs account, could I just paypal you personally? I would kill for Burial - South London Boroughs and Burial - Ghost Hardware.

Guest countchocula
Hey I don't have a discogs account, could I just paypal you personally? I would kill for Burial - South London Boroughs and Burial - Ghost Hardware.

Never mind that, I made a discog account and placed the order.

i knew this was going to happen and you seemed to be going vaguely mental buying things over the last few years.

there's a few there that i would be interested in getting... do i have to sign up to discogs or can i just get them directly from you and then you take them down.

just noticed the paperclip people record there ha!

lol i felt horrible, dude; i am keeping the bulk of the records that you got for me in NZ! i tell you what, if that one sells, i'll give you half the money.

(and yeah, just let me know which records you want, i'll take them down.)

Never mind that, I made a discog account and placed the order.

various people emailed me immediately after those two were posted, i had no clue they were so hard to find now

where in maryland are you pbn???

also, id love to get that Kickboard Girl EP if you still have it.

i'll be moving to wheaton, into a big house with some friends of mine. the kickboard girl ep is still up there as of my typing this ...

i remember your posts about your vinyl buying and this seems silly

but whatev

yeah, actually.

although the reasons for selling them all make sense. sounds like pbn changes his mind a lot.

i do. though actually, i've been ambivalent about the vinyl since like 2005 ... i began to see it somewhat merely as an investment, since then, and as a way to spend my inevitable "wasteful spending" budget on something that i could resell

i'll be moving to wheaton, into a big house with some friends of mine. the kickboard girl ep is still up there as of my typing this ...

nice. check out the dim sum in the mornings on the weekends at oriental east in silver spring if you haven't already.

nice. check out the dim sum in the mornings on the weekends at oriental east in silver spring if you haven't already.

whoa, what's this? i actually used to live like two miles away from silver spring (in DC, when i was in coursework), and wheaton is of course very close by as well

Archived