IGNORED

Doctors (BBC1)

Guest Iain C

Good idea?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good idea for Doctors to have this incest storyline?

• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion / I don't watch Doctors
  2. 2. Should Michelle and her half-brother embark upon a romantic relationship?

• Yes, in public
    • Yes, in secret
    • I'm not sure
    • No
    • No opinion / I don't watch Doctors

Guest Iain C

UK WATMMers: Do you think the incest storyline between nurse Michelle Corrigan and her half-brother is a good idea for a lunchtime soap to tackle?

If you're not sure, catch up on the last few episodes of Doctors via iPlayer.

michelle_corrigan_396x222.jpg

Thanks

I don't watch Doctors but I'm against incest being in any TV or film.

That's because years ago I was at my half-sister's house and an incest storyline got going on Hollyoaks (involving half-siblings). Then another time we watched Gladiator, with another one of my sisters there. It was very unpleasant.

Guest Gary C
I don't watch Doctors but I'm against incest being in any TV or film.

That's because years ago I was at my half-sister's house and an incest storyline got going on Hollyoaks (involving half-siblings). Then another time we watched Gladiator, with another one of my sisters there. It was very unpleasant.

:angry:

Yeah, I'd be OK with an incest storyline for daytime transmission. There's a cracking lesbian storyline coming up in Home and Away in the next few weeks (which I know is completely unrelated, I just thought I'd share it with you !)

Guest Iain C

You work for 5 don't you? Well, I've never been one for Home and Away - when I was little my childminder's horrible older daughters used to make me watch it every day. I still know all the words to the theme tune... horrifying stuff.

On the other hand, I was always a big fan of Neighbours, in 2007 I tried to watch every episode at least twice. When I broke up with my girlfriend and telly-partner of the time, it became too painful and I stopped.

Yep, been there nearly 3 years now. Home and Away back in the bad old days used to be super poop but in the last few years it's got really darn good. The budget is much higher than Neighbours, the storylines tighter and more interesting, and it's just much better (well in my opinion anyway, Neighbours got kinda boring)

Look at it all go.

Legal Disclaimer: this post is the opinion of mcbpete and does not reflect the opinions of Channel Five or other related employees

You work for 5 don't you? Well, I've never been one for Home and Away - when I was little my childminder's horrible older daughters used to make me watch it every day. I still know all the words to the theme tune... horrifying stuff.

On the other hand, I was always a big fan of Neighbours, in 2007 I tried to watch every episode at least twice. When I broke up with my girlfriend and telly-partner of the time, it became too painful and I stopped.

i thought Home & Away had ended years ago until someone mentioned it (i drunkenly slurred my name and it sounded like Aisha or something, and I was told that's a character from Home & Away, so i was like 'home & still exists?' and they said yes). Anyway, the reason i didn't know is because they didn't bother giving 5 to Devon when i lived there.

so i just realised it's weird that you work for 5, Pete, because you're from Devon right? 5 don't care about Devon people.

Channel 5 is alright, I quite enjoy their undemanding documentaries and I really enjoy how shit the Gadget Show is. It's better than ITV, fo shizz.

Guest Iain C

To be honest I don't even get 5 any more when I'm in London. I mean, I'm sure I COULD, but my digibox is broken so I generally stick with analogue TV, and my analogue 5 reception is shit.

Really, it's all about iplayer/4OD/etc. these days. But I do make sure to catch Doctors and Countdown every day on the proper telly.

Guest joshier
To be honest I don't even get 5 any more when I'm in London. I mean, I'm sure I COULD, but my digibox is broken so I generally stick with analogue TV, and my analogue 5 reception is shit.

Really, it's all about iplayer/4OD/etc. these days. But I do make sure to catch Doctors and Countdown every day on the proper telly.

IANAINl C has tv programs because he only watches 5 to comnepltelate the dolphins endorphins foncusing the fugglestick camera lens focusing on quite caustic radious where he ends the tv program on a big bell, much like a number 7 but with round ness

Woo YEah I'm Psycholgoy fixer person watch me go !

We live in some weird electromagnetic window area of terrible TV reception. This week I bought a stupidly large aerial and learning far too much about they work. Turns out TV aerials are pretty IDM when you find out what they're doing.

It was the BBC channels, with all the extra red button data that was suffering from glitching. 5, being low-bandwidth scumvision was always fine.

Guest Iain C

Actually, that's funny, in my first year in London five was the only channel I could reliably recieve without any gitching or interference. I remember thinking that was a particularly cruel joke.

Guest Gary C

This is the like to episode of Diagnosis Murder in which Dick van Dyke sees the ghost of one of his patients.

Guest Iain C
This is the like to episode of Diagnosis Murder in which Dick van Dyke sees the ghost of one of his patients.

Quoted for truth and unintelligability.

But actually Gary, if you'd been watching Doctors as long as I have, you'd know that whilst this is up there, there have been far better episodes. One last year was set ENTIRELY within a persistent surreal nightmare-world of a dreaming patient right up until the end, where he died. It was the best.

Edit: One scene had a woman pouring blood from a teapot

Guest Gary C

I'll never forget the silent credit-roll after DvD saw that ghost. I knew I'd just seen a TV series jump the shark, and apparently I'm right because that was the last ever episode.

If a series involving at least one death/murder an episode can suddenly make ghosts possible it completely destroys everything.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0559280/plotsummary

Archived